United Nations Children's Fund
The UNICEF Guinea-Bissau Country Office is one of the main partners of the Ministry of Health and supports the implementation of a wide range of health and nutrition programs across all 9 administrative regions of Guinea Bissau which correspond to 11 health regions. UNICEF’s success in implementing programs depends on the efficient and effective disbursement of funds after a careful review of activities’ budgets using a large number of grants many of which have specific conditionalities that must be respected.
The objectives of the support requested from the programme assistant is:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Reviewing invoices and documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and FIORI.
- Monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Review proper control of the supporting documents for health section payments. Follow-up implementation with partners for DCT preparation and settlement processes and Propose timely corrective actions to be undertaken in the PI’s justifications.
- Assist in reviewing procurement requests directly with section colleagues in collaboration with the procurement team, ensuring that processes and payments are completed in a timely manner.
- Support in the organization of meetings, workshops, and logistics needed for the Unit’s activities.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings, and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability;
- Liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
- Timely reviews, implementation, and monitoring of transactions for the Health and Nutrition Section.
- Weekly implementation plan approved by the Section Chief or OIC fulfilled, and recorded in a report.
- Monthly reports on transactions undertaken (DCTs, Supplies, Travel, and Contracts) submitted.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization (management, administration, or finance).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in relevant related fields such as administration, management, or finance and programme implementation support.
- Proven experience working with the UN or an international NGO a strong asset.
- Fluency in English or French is required. Knowledge of Portuguese and Crioulo is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Senior Financial Sector SpecialistWorld Bank GroupBangkok, ThailandBangkok, Thailand
Internal & External Vacancy: Programme Assistant 00127044, GS5 TA, Dakar, SenegalUNICEF GlobalSenegalSenegal
Planning Officer, (NOB), Suva, Fiji #122510 **Open to Fiji Nationals OnlyWorld Health Organization (WHO)Suva, FijiSuva, Fiji
recrutement d’un Consultant national chargé de l’étude pour la BaselineAnywhereAnywhere