United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF Office of Innovation is looking to fill a fixed term position of Programme Associate, level GS6. Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor Innovation (Ventures). The programme associate supports the Ventures team by carrying out a range of programme support functions to help develop, implement and monitor their activities, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with a range of staff in the team, external partners, and agency counterparts in support of programme design and delivery. S/He provides regular feedback on the status of projects through monitoring milestones and advises on improvements to keep activities on track.
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/tasks:
- Facilitating the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conducting programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Helping conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Supporting the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited to registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Supports capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant administrative and/or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong office management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience with new tools to support hybrid teams with project management, collaboration and team building is a plus.
- Interest in entrepreneurship, innovation, new technologies or finance is a plus
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Représentant-e pays GuatemalaSUCOAnywhereAnywhere
Security and Logistics Manager, Iraq Civil Society ActivityCounterpart InternationalIraqIraq
UNDP-ECU-00288 – Adquisición de PCs, Lap tops, equipos tecnológicosUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Foreign Affairs SpecialistU.S. National Nuclear Security AdministrationWashington, D.C.Washington, D.C.