With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Program Director for World Vision Angola, you will:
- Provide overall strategic and operational leadership to World Vision (WV) Angola;
- Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision’s Ministry in Angola as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure high Ministry quality and high impact on the field;
- Ensure that WV’s ministry is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfillment of their rights within families and communities;
- Represent WV to all donors, project partners, other WV Partnership offices and divisions, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organisations serving according to given Power of Attorney.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Spiritual Leadership
- Ministry Performance
- Strategy, Operating Plan and Long- and short-Term Targets
- Organisational Leadership
- Advocacy and Representation
- Financial Management and Operational Audit Compliance
- Safety and Security, Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness
- Compliance and Country Legal Environment
- National Resource Development
- Master’s degree in international development, Social Science or related field is required.
- Requires at least 15 years’ experience in International NGO leadership.
- Proven experience in overseeing large Government grants, major private donors and/or complex multi-sectorial development and humanitarian programs.
- Requires prior experience in country strategy development, risk management and organisational development.
- Proven track record of fundraising.
- Experience in leading a multi-cultural senior leadership team.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally as required at least 30% of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 19 February 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.