United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF offers the opportunity for interns, talented university students, to gain valuable professional experience while being exposed to UNICEF’s work. At the same time, UNICEF benefits from working with interns as they are a significant asset, providing updated academic knowledge, technical know-how and other valuable skills to the organization.
- Under the supervision of the Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Specialist, the intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review relevant Turkish journals, magazines including online knowledge products and support SBC through preparing summary of relevant works from Turkish to English.
- Prepare summary of reports, news items, knowledge products etc. relevant to SBC from English to Turkish and vice versa.
- Technical support for quality assurance of SBC translation jobs (English to Turkish and vice versa) prepared by UNICEF LTA agencies, implementing partners etc. as required.
- Support SBC rapid focus group discussion and community engagement activities supported by UNICEF.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
- The intern will contribute to the following deliverables:
- Evidence notes prepared in English from published Turkish documents (vice versa)
- Summary report in English of relevant Turkish documents and products
- Quality check of Turkish translation prepared by LTA Agencies
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme or have graduated within the past two years from Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, International Relations, Development Studies, Anthropology or any other relevant fields from social science.
- Must be fluent in both English and Turkish (reading, writing and spoken). Fluency in Arabic would be an asset.
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Previous experience in writing and publishing newspaper articles, stories, translations work in English and Turkish will be advantageous.
- Demonstrates UNICEF core values of care, respect, trust, accountability, integrity and sustainability
- To have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Director of Monitoring Evaluation and LearningGreen Climate FundIncheon, South KoreaIncheon, South Korea
National Consultant for Technical Support to Develop Early Warning Systems in Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria (Remote)-5 monthsUNICEF GlobalNigeriaNigeria
Finance and Operations CoordinatorUnited Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)Harare, ZimbabweHarare, Zimbabwe
Self-Care Training Facilitator- SyriaDiakonie KatastrophenhilfeSyrian Arab RepublicSyrian Arab Republic