World Health Organization (WHO)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Effective application ofresults-based management framework through programme development,implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WHO technical programmes atregional and country level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As part of providing expertfront-line briefing, advice and guidance to divisional staff related to programme policies and guidelines including providing briefing and training on programme management tools and related procedures, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Programme Budget and Operational Planning
1. Contribute to and coordinate the preparation and development of the HR plan for the country office; ensure that HR workplans are updated in accordance with decisions.
2. Conduct Budget and HR analysis including consolidating activity and HR requirements of technical programmes ensuring they are within budget allocations.
3. Review draft activity workplans and ensure completeness and compliance with guidelines and accurate classifications, linkage/coding to corresponding deliverable and outputs.
4. Ensure all technical work is complete,compliant and submitted on time.
Workplan, budget, award management and monitoring:
Monitoring issues related to workplan, awards and budgets through:
5. Regularly monitor activity workplans and advise on issues/mismatches and proposecorrective measures during workplan implementation.
6. Prepare analysis for programme budget allocation shifts as required to support reprogramming decision or arrival of additional funds.
7. As part of the regular mismatch exercise for the programme budget portal, closely monitor the workplans to ensure that for all products and services (Top tasks) that expenditures are in line with the established award budgets and that award budgets for the Top tasks are within Planned Costs, discussing any inconsistencies with the related technical staff and ensure timely reprogramming is carried out.
8. Ensure any expenditure batches are prepared inline with donor agreements and corresponding expiry dates.
9. Prepare any related analysis as requested for budget reviews, resource allocation,reviews etc.
Corporate funding and Resource Mobilization
10. Implement the WR’s decisions for the distribution of allocated Corporate Flexible Funds(CFF) to the division for HR and ACT among the units/programmes and Crossprogramme collaborate Initiatives (CPCi).
11. Support the WR and technical officers with resource mobilization activities by providing overall analyses of funding gaps and funding delays.
Monitoringreviews and reporting
12. Support and facilitate the mid-term and end of biennium programme budget performance assessment exercises including but not limited to clarifying policy guidance,assisting with the use of tools as well as ensuring completed divisional reporting is submitted on time.
13. Review mid and end of biennium reporting ensuring quality of the reporting, review any inconsistencies between workplan and budget implementation and report on the status of delivery of products and services and outputs.
14. Review and check project financial implementation reports. Monitor and follow up donorreporting to ensure timely and quality submission and recording.
15. Extract different budget, financial and technical progress reports and information from GSM on regular basis. Develop reports highlighting to technical staff the essential data to enable strategic decisions and reporting. Adapt information provided by responsible technical officers into the required format for presentations and/or analysis by senior management and decision making.
16. Act asthe focal point for internal and external audits / evaluations.
17. Provide briefing to staff on planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting and on use of all the related tools in coordination with PME.
18. Provide guidance to the admin assistants on the tasks related to HR planning, budget financing & implementation monitoring, and workplans & awards management.
PME focal point
19. Act as the PME focal point for the EPI in the CO and is a member of the PMO networkwide training and capacity building exercise.
Essential: University degree in Management, Business Administration, Information Technology, Communications orsocial sciences
Desirable: Master’s degree in public health, Management or Business Administration
Essential: At least 2 years of experience working in programme planning, implementation and programme monitoring in a results-based environment,Experience in providing support to staff on the subject of programme planning, programme monitoring and reporting either at a regional or divisional / programme level.
Desirable: Working experience with WHOor a UN agency
Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of programme planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting in a results-based management environment;
Ability to analyse budgetary and programmatic data and to prepare related overviews and reports.
Good knowledge of programme management and financial application module in Oracle e-business suite.
Good interpersonal skills.
Proven skills in analyzing and presenting related data.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at PKR 4,590,088 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.