Within the Network Management Directorate, Infrastructure” manages the European infrastructure deployment projects and programmes, and aims at making the SES digital sky a reality. It develops, organises and provides European common services including network support services, aeronautical information services and the radio frequency function.
This post is intended to contribute to a European Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) programme management role.
Your role will be to:
- Translate the Datalink strategic vision into programme scope and design.
- Address harmonisation of applications as well as technological evolutions.
- Build the transition to future Datalink Applications (ATS-B2) from the current Controller-Pilot datalink communication (CPDLC) ongoing deployment.
- Lead the Datalink programme and oversee all projects and resources (budget and staff):
- Set up and organise the project teams and contributors based on relevant expertise and competencies.
- Monitor project execution through regular project reviews with project managers.
- Oversee progress and risks, issues, opportunities and decide on corrective or mitigation measures.
- Ensure delivery of projects according to agreed scope, planning, budget and level of quality.
- Lead programme steering committees (including solving conflicts, reaching consensus, etc.) with internal / external stakeholders.
- Drive business analysis of programme areas and identify opportunities to optimise programme outcomes and to further contribute to an effective and harmonised datalink implementation in Europe.
- Manage effective relations with stakeholders (e.g., aeronautical communication service providers, aircraft operators, ANSPs, national regulators) and ensure that communication is clear and timely to keep stakeholders informed and engaged in the Programme.
- Lead all EUROCONTROL’s Datalink activities in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g., ATM, ATM Communications, Project Management) and 10 years relevant professional experience or completed relevant university studies of 3 years plus 11 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. project management).
- Internal candidates can check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A project management certification would be considered an advantage:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Programme Management Certification (PgMP)
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI)
- Experience in programme / project management.
- Experience in resource management.
- Experience in risk management (risk identification, mitigation, reporting).
- Experience in managing ATM projects.
- Experience or understanding of CNS and Datalink would be a strong advantage.
- Technical writing and presentation skills (English).
- Communication: You adapt your communication to different situations and audiences.
- Planning and organising: You apply planning principles in order to achieve business objectives.
- Problem-solving: You know how to solve business problems.
- Networking: You design networks with a view to developing strategic connections.
- Managing people: You implement effective people management practices.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will have to acquire, at least, a basic level of French (A1) by the end of the probation period.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – HMS Drake Medical Centre-37.5 HoursMilitary Medical PersonnelPlymouth - Devonport, DevonPlymouth - Devonport, Devon
Shift Lead Logistics / Schichtleitung (m/w/d)FlaschenpostPotsdam, BrandenburgPotsdam, Brandenburg
Pricing Analyst/Senior Pricing Analyst (Exclusive Role)Eames ConsultingLondonLondon
Dozent/in: Online Marketing / Medieninformatik (m/w/d) – (100% REMOTE)Masters of MarketingMünchen, BayernMünchen, Bayern