United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
World Food Programme (WFP)
|JOB TITLE:||Programme Policy Officer (Implementation of WFP HGSF programme in Madagascar)|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||International Consultancy level-II|
|DUTY STATION (City, Country)||Ambovombe/Madagascar|
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the implementation of the WFP National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme. The consultant would ensure coordination with relevant ministries, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to operationalize the full implementation of the activities within schools and ensuring the provision of food from smallholder farmers.
- Under the general supervision of the Deputy Country Director and the direct supervision of the Head Program, Provide supervision, training and technical support to partners and staff in the field in the implementation of the HGSF modality.
the Consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure management and technical support to implementing partners and staff in the field in the implementation of the HGSF modality.
- Assist the regional authorities from Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to identify bottlenecks and support required for the implementation of the HGSF and its scale up.
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of periodic reports including proposals to improve and scale up HGSF activities. Set up and update databases of indicators resulting from activities undertaken within the framework of the HGSF.
- Design a manual for the implementation of the modality.
- Ensure regular contact with local authorities, particularly those involved in school feeding, small scale-agriculture and undertake visits to verify the results of the project, inspect the sites of interventions, to ensure that the progress of the project contributes to the achievement of objectives.
- Support the Government in the capacity building framework according to the plan established jointly with the WFP.
- Assist partners in the implementation of complementary activities in the management of budgets as stipulated in the Plan of Operations or Letter of Agreement and ensure that the reports required by WFP are correct and sent to WB according to schedules pre-established.
- Elaborate a master plan for scale up of the HGSF modality by coordinating with the Resilience, Procurement and Finance Units to be able to monitor and report on the HGSF in the country.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
|Knowledge & Skills:||
CLOSING DATE: 16.02.2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.