Working at Oxfam
“FOR ETHIOPIA NATIONALS ONLY”
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have the interest to work as Intern? if yes, we need Fresh graduates with no work experience.
Do you have a Degree from a recognized University or College in Business Management, Communication, social science, Linguistics, or any related field of study that can bring added value to the post?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for this internship role to provide a training opportunity for interested graduates and they can support the Northern Ethiopia Response Manager and the Humanitarian and Resilience Program at large in providing effective admin and relevant programmatic support.
What we are looking for
To qualify for an internship program with Oxfam GB, the applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Degree from a recognized University or College in Business Management, Communication, social science, Linguistics, or any related field of study that can bring added value to the post.
- Fresh graduates within two years with no work experience and have an interest to work as an intern
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, and responds appropriately
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Always behaves professionally and ethically
- Any experience in providing translation services is an advantage
- Any experience/participation in facilitating discussion and training is an asset
This internship will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam GB, act as a key contributor to the Programme Team, and work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their humanitarian and resilience fields, etc, training and development. Oxfam GB will provide a monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the Oxfam GB Internship Policy
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.