Food and Agriculture Organization
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others:
- Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
- Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
- Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families
- Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises
- Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements
- The Project Administrative and Finance Assistant will report to the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration).
- FAO has been implementing various projects in Mindanao which are guided by the FAO Mindanao Strategic Programme for Agriculture/Agribusiness and an emergency/rehabilitation project for BARMM and other affected municipalities.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Administrative/Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist in project administration and maintain up-to-date and accurate financial records of all disbursements and receipts related to the project, and use these records as the basis for preparing quarterly and annual financial reports for submission to Donor, Government etc.
- Provide operational support in running all ongoing project activities in Mindanao (activities such as symposiums, trainings, and distributions, among others) by closely coordinating with relevant government, non-government counterparts, and beneficiary communities.
- Facilitate the preparation of travel requests of PMO staff, including consolidation, submission to and follow-up with the FAO Representation for approval.
- Establish offline financial monitoring systems (e.g. field expenditure matrices, etc.) to adequately monitor funds utilization of all ongoing projects in Mindanao, to be submitted monthly to Manila office for updating of Budget Monitoring Reports (BMR).
- Process payments in accordance with prescribed guidelines for disbursement of Operational Cash Advances (OCA) and Outposted Petty Cash (OPC);
- Maintain electronic and paper filing of relevant administrative and financial information;
- Ensure timely submission of Human resource-related employment requirements for project staff (timesheets, contracts, QARs and other related documents);
- Prepare and regularly update the project procurement, delivery and distribution schedule in consultation with project Team Leader;
- Prepare procurement documentations, solicit quotations according to FAO procurement procedures and as may be required;
- Compile the resulting quotations and after endorsement by the Project Manager, submit for actions by the FAO /Administration/Procurement Unit;
- Establish and maintain an inventory of all project properties (equipment, furniture, fixtures, other attractive items and supplies); and
- Carry out any other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as may be requested by FAO.
- A university degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related field.
- At least four years of progressively more responsible experience in maintaining project financial records, budgets, and procurement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog
- A national of Philippines
- Proven knowledge and experience of Mindanao and Emergency Response in the Philippines.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute complex processes across a wide range of stakeholders, advance ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Good experience in managing a team
Recommend your friend
Tasks and responsibilities
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Dental AssistantAmerican Indian Health & ServicesSanta Barbara, CASanta Barbara, CA
Community Support Worker – Residential CareHigh Road Service SocietySmithers, BCSmithers, BC
Communication Officer, NO-1, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, #123706, Temp Appointment 365 daysUNICEF GlobalMongoliaMongolia
Prevention & Advocacy AssistantUnited Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)TanzaniaTanzania