The Iraqi Institution for Development
Who We Are: An independent, non-governmental, and non-profit institution established in 2003 by a number of youths from different Iraqi backgrounds.
What We Want: The institution endeavors to reach an ideal society that respects human rights and founded on the basis of democracy and dialogue principles through gradual cultural and political change. A society that operates on non-violence basis, more sharing, and a one that knows how to demand its rights and tied by close relationships.
- Carry out community mobilization, beneficiary selection and registration process timely, transparently, anticipatorily and dignified manner in accordance with program guidelines and IID policies and code of
- Support ERD livelihood team for effective livelihood activities stipends and grants distributions with required
- Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local expectations and
- Support the Social Cohesion Officer in the planning and implementation of the project activities;
- Work very closely with the implementing partners on the direct delivery of the activities;
- In partnership with the local partners, oversee the successful quality delivery of the activities at the field level,
- Organization of community-based assessments(e.g., local priorities, vulnerability assessment);
- Organization of capacity sharing activities forthe local partners, local committees, and local authorities on social cohesion, governance, and livelihood priorities;
- Establishment/strengthening of community groupssuch as peace committees, youth committees, and women committees;
- Organization of community-based social cohesion and livelihood events, such as participatory sessions to identify and analyze conflicts while ensuring Do No Harm, community, community awareness sessions on the risks of community conflicts in their communities, intra / inter-community dialogues for conflict management, community mobilization activities during international days, and annual workshops to assess community action plans;
- Development and dissemination of key messagesfor the prevention of community conflicts;
- Celebration of champions and model hills in social cohesion on the International Day of Peace;
- Making beneficiaries aware of COVID-19 prevention measures
Monitoring and evaluation and reporting on project activities
- Participate in data collection activities with beneficiaries (Baseline, midline and end line survey);
- Support in the regularly completion the database and dashboard of project indicators at the end of each month and share with the M&E team;
- Ensure that documents relating to activities and other project resources are filed and archived (lists of participants, activity reports as well as supporting documents for expenses incurred);
- For each activity, make sure that the database has been
Administrative, financial, and logistical management
- Support the Social Cohesion Office in the development and update of project management tools (work plan, spending plan and procurement plan and monitor expenditure plans and the purchasing plan to avoid any delay or inconvenience in the implementation of project activities;
- Work closely with the logistics manager and colleagues in the field to plan the organization of vehicles;
- Support the officer to classify and archive all documents relating to activities and other resources;
Communication and collaboration
- Ensure the representation of project activities in the field of social cohesion;
- Ensure quality representation of IID to implementing partners;
- Maintain good relations with all stakeholders;
- Collaborate closely with other team members and partners in the implementation of all activities;
- Regularly report to the Social Cohesion Officer on any information likely to impact the progress of project activities;
- Coordinate field visits by donors and other people external to the
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IID programs
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least one year Experience in humanitarian sector/development sector, Livelihood sector is preferred.
- Community mobilization experience is
- Experience working with IDPs / refugees – highly
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure
- Fluency in Arabic is essential. Basic proficiency in spoken and written English is highly
- Diploma or university
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may send their to the e-mail address: [email protected]
The application must include a maximum of 4-page CV.
the contract duration is 6 Months and can be renewed.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 16-Jun- 2023
As the subject of the e-mail please insert exactly “Project Assistant”.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.