Global Green Growth Institute
This is a unique opportunity to support the technical assistance provided by GGGI to the Dominican Republic government, including the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MARENA in Spanish), the National Council of Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism (CNCCMDL in Spanish) and the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Development (MEPyD in Spanish) to facilitate the implementation of the NDC-DR 2022-2025 Action Plan and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness program.
The position holder will support the implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and communication activities of workshops and events, ensuring that these are developed with high-quality standards and accordingly to the government’s vision and requirements, as well as in compliance with GGGI’s policies and procedures.
In collaboration with the Finance, Admin and Procurement Senior Assistant and the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Communications Associate, s/he will:
- Support administrative processes regarding the procurement of venues, catering, and communication services accordingly with GGGI policies.
- Enhance the communication and reports related to workshops and events.
- Support the development of workshops and events on site, so that these are conducted accordingly with time and quality standards.
- Support other aspects of the programs that are required.
The intern will be physically located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The intern will report to GGGI Sustainable Finance Senior Officer. The intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the implementation of administrative processes, including the selection and procurement of venues and catering services.
- Develop workshop-related materials, including agenda and detailed meeting minutes.
- Prepare announcements, invitations, and other communication materials before workshops.
- Support the effective development of workshops on site, including attendees’ registration and attention, coordination with the venue’s staff, among others.
- Carry out post-training evaluation surveys and results in-depth analysis.
- Develop press and social media draft communications.
- Prepare detailed post-workshops reports on GGGI format, both in English and Spanish.
- Support the development of awareness and capacity materials for mitigation and adaptation workshops.
Applicants to the GGGI internship program must comply with the following requirements at the time of application:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year) or Master’s program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to GGGI’s work.
- Possess an excellent English and Spanish skills.
- Have immediate availability to start the internship.
- Have time flexibility, especially during working hours (9 am to 6 pm), and availability to attend workshops and events when required.
- University degree in a field relevant to sustainability, climate change, economics, communications, international relations, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish.
- Prior experience in international development projects delivered by NGOs or international organizations is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in the use of Microsoft 365 application, particularly SharePoint is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe suite, including In Design is highly desirable, but not required.
- Values team work, demonstrates creative problem solving abilities, and is self-motivation.
- Committed to promoting an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and value
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
IT-Ingenieur als Backend Software Developer CI / CD (w/m/d)KIND GmbH & Co. KGBurgwedel, NiedersachsenBurgwedel, Niedersachsen
Registered General Nurse – Mental Health SettingSanctuary PersonnelWoking, SurreyWoking, Surrey
Estrategias de Comunicación para el 75º Aniversario de Zona Libre de ColónUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
COUNTRY DIRECTOR , TURKIYECARE USATürkiyeTürkiye