United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The Dual Education Enhancement project is part of the Future Ready Serbia Portfolio, directly supporting the newly established Office for Dual Education and National Qualification Framework. This project will be implemented in several phases. It aims to create a business environment in Serbia that propels the Serbian economy into a knowledge and innovation-based economy, based on equal opportunities, and to develop a business-need-driven future-ready workforce with competencies and skills that are quick to match the ever-changing new technologies. The Project will work towards the outcome through a set of interventions that include support to strengthening the capacities of the Office for Dual Education and National Qualification Framework, providing linkages between the private and public sector, international outreach to link the Office to the international dual education community and promotion of dual education in Serbia. Also, as the Office for Dual Education and National Qualification Framework has been recently established, UNDP will provide it temporary assistance by establishing a Project Implementation Unit in the Office to enable it to immediately manage the existing assistance (projects/grants/loans) until it manages to build its capacities at a regular pace.
As such, UNDP is seeking a Project Associate who will support the implementation of the Project objectives, and support the Project Implementation Unit in managing day-to-day operations together with the rest of the Project team.
Support coordination and implementation of designated project activities:
- Assist in conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of selected activities/components in the area of the dual education.
- Provide inputs for development of project monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Prepare regular updates and reports to Project Boards on projects’ progress, implementing issues, emerging risks/problems and proposals for necessary remedial actions.
- Assist in identification of bottlenecks in the regulatory environment for dual education, propose solutions accordingly through constant stakeholder coordination and proactively act towards barrier removal and achievement of pre-identified targets.
- Identify and collect policy-related and other relevant information, documents and data, compile and analyze data for further use in project management.
Support to project administration:
- Support organization and coordination of meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences, and project events and prepare reports and meeting minutes, as required
- Support in managing project finances, process invoices and ensure tax exemption for project related goods and services.
- Support procurement processes, provide inputs for request for quotations/proposals, prepare tenders and small procurements (canvassing), provide inputs for UNDP procurement plan.
- Draft terms of reference for consultants and contractors, as required and support recruitment of short-term consultants in line with rules and regulations.
- Follow up with (sub)contractors to ensure time delivery of outputs.
- Assist project teams, experts and consultants on travel and logistics matters.
- Coordinates and organizes trainings, field visits, missions and conferences.
- Perform other tasks ad duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure full compliance of activities with UNDP rules, regulations, and policies.
Network with partners and beneficiaries:
- Maintain communication with stakeholders withinthe Government of Serbia responsible for tasks pertaining to the project’s scope of work.
- Maintain cooperation and communication with project’s partners and beneficiaries on the implementation of the agreed activities, especially for the events, trainings, workshops.
- Establish record with contacts, pursue networking and information sharing and to follow up on partnership related issues.
- Prepare official correspondence for national and international partners.
The Project Associate will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Programme Analyst – SDG Integration.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- External Relations & Advocacy – Event planning and execution – Ability to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP’s overall brand and mandate.
- Operations: Administration – Events management – Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- 2030 Agenda – Governance – Civil society engagement
- Secondary education is required with background in Business, Social Sciences or a related filed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Sciences or a related field will be given due consideration.
- Minimum six years with secondary education or three years of relevant work experience in the field of public policy with Bachelor’s degree
- Track record of working on policy initiatives or activities related to education
- Experience in project coordination and administration of activities.
- Fluency in both oral and written Serbian and English is required.
Required skills and competencies:
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team buildingskills;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and externalactors;
- Treats all people fairly without prejudice;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Desired skills and competencies:
- Experience in providing support in coordinating and implementing development projects;
- Experience in providingadministrative support relevantfor the project implementation;
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.