United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Advisor for Creative Industries and Tourism, the Project Associate will execute the duties and responsibilities outlined below:
- Support the overall implementation of the Serbia Creates Music sub-brand of the Serbia Creates national brand;
- Support policy related areas of work within the project, including through drafting reports, policy advice, etc.;
- Support implementation of activities by fostering an enabling environment and a people-centered approach;
- Support data systems and policymaking on music industry;
- Promote Serbian music scene internationally and through community engagement locally;
- Support cooperation with relevant stakeholders in order to advise the Serbia Creates team and the Technical Advisor of developments concerning the portfolio of projects within the music industry and provide recommendations for action;
- Coordinate the project results and develop first draft reports for Technical Advisor;
- Ensure effective integration of activity-related information in relevant reports and databases;
- Support the project by taking innovative approaches, researching new ways of implementation and partnership engagement;
- Regularly review the implementation of the related project activities in order to identify the strengths and weaknesses; utilize the data collected to increase the project efficiency;
- Provide support to the short-term technical experts in delivering outputs specified in their TORs;
- Support in other areas of work, relevant to the project, as required;
The Project Associate’s inputs will have a direct impact on the successful project implementation and the achievement of results. Specifically, the inputs will have an impact on the efficient delivery of activities, monitoring, and coordination and results reporting.
The Project Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Advisor for Creative Industries and Tourism.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|Business Management||Communications||Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.|
|Business Direction & Strategy||Monitoring||Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results|
|Business Management||Client Management||Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.|
|Business Management||Digital Awareness and Literacy||Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.|
|Finance||Financial Planning and Budgeting||Ability to create and manage processes to achieve UNDP’s long and short-term financial goals, including through planning, budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting|
|Finance||Financial Reporting and Analysis||Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring|
|Administration and Operations||Event Management||Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.|
|Business Direction and strategy||Effective Decision Making||Ability to take decision in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.|
- Secondary education is required or
- Bachelor`s Degree in Public Administration, Music, the Arts, Cultural Management or relevant qualification will be given due consideration.
- Minimum six (6) years (with Secondary education), or, three (3) years (with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant administrative or project experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written Serbian and English is required.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience in writing policy briefs, research, or reports, preferably in the area of arts, music and the creative industries;
- Experience in engaging with local stakeholders;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in procurement processes;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
Desired skills and competencies:
- Experience in working with start-ups/businesses is an advantage;
- Specific thorough knowledge and understanding of the Serbian and international music sectors;
- Understanding of development context and work experience with international development agencies is an advantage.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.