Sabe'a Sanabul Organization for Relief & Development (SSORD)
SSORD is a non-profit, non-governmental organization focusing on humanitarian, relief, development as well as charitable activities and is able to provide relief assistance to host communities (vulnerable people), returnee refugees and IDPs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. SSORD works in Anbar, Baghdad, Salaheldin, Najaf, Karbala, and Ninawa. The headquarter is in Baghdad with several other field offices located in areas of intervention. SSORD’s vision is to focus on implementing relief and development activities that benefit all vulnerable Iraqis without discrimination. The mission of the organization is to provide vulnerable communities with sustainable humanitarian services and improve their socio-economic status.
SSORD humanitarian interventions include WASH, Livelihood, Peace Building, Education, and Child Protection. Our work in Anbar, Baghdad, Najaf, Karbala, Salaheldin, and Ninawa has resulted in hundreds of thousands of direct and indirect beneficiaries. Thanks to strong community engagement and joint planning with local authorities, SSORD has been able to maximize the cost-efficiency of its interventions and create multiplier effects for the population. In every location, SSORD has established community-based committees that are systematically consulted and involved into the planning, implementation and monitoring of the activities. Local authorities have supported SSORD’s project planning and delivery through meetings, field visits, and free-of-charge service delivery. SSORD is also a member of the Education, Protection, Child Protection, Livelihoods and WASH clusters at the local level. In Baghdad and Anbar governorates SSORD is registered with the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and holds regular contacts with local authorities at the district level.
Anbar youth leaders for peacebuilding, is an initiative that seeks to further the Building for Peace approach in the Fallujah District (Al-karma, Jubail, Al-Shuhada’a and Al-Nuaimiya), Anbar Governorate. Funded by the IOM, Our initiative fosters understanding, equips young people with essential skills, and engages communities to counter violent extremism and promote peace. Through capacity-building, dialogue facilitation, and inclusive education, we cultivate a generation of leaders committed to building peaceful societies and countering the complexities of extremism.
The Activity Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, will plan and coordinate the project and its activities and oversee project implementation to ensure that the project aligns with the set objectives as per the agreement with the donor and to track expenditures as per agreed budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, the Activity Coordinator shall perform the following duties:
- Oversee and manage the project implementation in all its phases and in all the covered areas in coordination with the Director of Programs.
- Prepare detailed work plans and budget breakdowns for the different phases of the project to guide the team and related departments on the project implementation plan and requirements per phase.
- To have knowledge of employability projects and be able to establish a network between key stakeholders such as private sector companies and public sectors.
- Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within the scope and within budget.
- Conduct field assessments & surveys to collect data and analyze them for project design and implementation.
- Coordinate between various project teams and other departments and offices and guide them through the different phases to make sure that the project is implemented as per the set objectives and targeted activities.
- Follow up on the project progress, monitor and assess project implementation, and prepare regular reports such as weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports.
- Facilitate coordination with the donors, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and organize the documentation of the project as per the different phases and ensure that all documents are archived in hard and soft copies.
- Perform any other task that might be requested by the Director of Programs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree in Business Management, or related fields,
- At least two years of experience in project management or project implementation,
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English and Arabic,
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools,
- High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace,
- Conducting field trips and travel to other cities/countries as per job requirements,
- Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working in weekends if required.
All candidates interested in applying for this assignment, please should be send the applications to
Please write the email subject (IOM Project – Project Coordinator)
• An updated C.V.
• Cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.