United Nations Office for Project Services
Biodiversity conservation, sustainable land management and enhanced water security in Lake Tanganyika basin project is a project aimed at strengthening the collaborative partnerships between the Lake Tanganyika Authority (LTA) and the contracting States (Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Zambia). Lake Tanganyika Authority (LTA) was established by the contracting States on 12 June 2003 when the contracting States adopted what they call “Convention on the Sustainable Management of Lake Tanganyika.”
The Project Management Support Associate directly impacts on achievement of project results by adhering to project management methods and strategies, reducing risks, cutting costs and improving success rates. This consequently reinforces the visibility and image of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services. The incumbent will work as part of the project team, under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager. The duty station will be Kinshasa, DR Congo (Family duty station).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate a close working relationship between the responsible partner institutions (implementing components 1, 2 and 3) in-country and the NRG
- Ensure coordination between the responsible partner institutions in -country, and various donor and government-funded projects and programmes.
- Ensure coordination at the national and local level between the responsible partner institutions in-country and the various government agencies.
- Contribute to the review of the in-country progress of project activities
- Support Senior Project Manager in the assessment of performance of the responsible partner institutions.
- Support Senior Project Manager in monitoring of project risks.
- Contribute to the preparation of the project progress reports.
- Coordinate responses to national and local level grievances.
- Support the Senior Project Manager in managing responsible partner institutions to ensure that the agreed deliverables in-country are produced satisfactorily according to plans.
- Contribute to the preparation of the project Inception Report, Mid-term Review and Terminal Evaluation reports.
- Assist in the logistical organisation of stakeholder meetings, field trips, training courses and workshops.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in project management related activities (e.g. plans, assurances, reports, etc)
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in matters related to M&E and knowledge resources management.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- A Diploma, Degree or equivalent post-school qualification in Sustainable Development, Development Studies, Environmental Studies, Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences, or similar is an asset.
- Project Management certification (Prince 2 Foundation, Prince 2 Practitioner, PMP or equivalent) is an advantage
- A minimum of 6 years experience years of participation in the administration or management of in-country donor-funded projects or initiatives is required
- Knowledge and experience of Lake Tanganyika basin conservation, and lake fisheries management issues will be an advantage.
- Fluency in French will be a requirement and a working knowledge of English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Senior Architect/Associate – Aviation projectsSketch RecruitmentThe City, LondonThe City, London
Business Transformation Partner – Health (m/w/d)ArvatoGütersloh, Nordrhein-WestfalenGütersloh, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Compliance Data Analyst (Python) – Investment BankingAlexander Mann SolutionsThe City, LondonThe City, London
Mitarbeiter- und Kundenberater Medical (m/w/d)Wirtz MedicalGelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-WestfalenGelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen