With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Program Coordination and Management
- Participate in the annual program planning and budget review processes as per ANCP/DFAT donor requirements
- Ensure that all FMNR initiatives within the 4 Counties of influence meet/exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with the Programs guidelines and ANCP/DFAT requirements and ensure community accountability
- Provide technical support in the implementation of all Environment and Climate Change adaptation development activities in the 8 Area Programme/Program sites
- Manage and coordinate the FMNR team ensuring competent and motivated staff as well as manage performance of staff and encourage on-the-job coaching, identify and address learning and training needs and opportunities
- Participate and coordinate quality review and capacity building meetings of staff on NRM with including FMNR
- Participate in the annual program planning and budget review exercises
- Integrate the FMNR activities with those of the 8 Area Programs ensuring cost effective use of resources.
- Mainstream FMNR Concept in 8 ADPs within WVK before Program phase out.
- Support the development of training materials in line with the identified Program needs for staff, partners and communities.
- Facilitate dialogue and accountability forums with various stakeholders on issues of livelihood (community groups, service providers, private sector, the county and national government, civil society organizations, churches and schools)
- Support introduction of new and existing technologies and ensure FMNR initiated interventions are sustainable
- Develop ToRs for Program baseline, mid-term and End line Evaluations
- Provide leadership in transitioning CRIFSUP Phase I to Phase II, redesigning of Program structure and programme implementation
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Provide management support to supervisees and world Vision Kenya staff for continuous capacity building for competency development
- Assess and plan for staff capacities/competencies.
- Engage appropriate Subject Matter Experts for identified training gaps and need assessments
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training, technical backstopping etc.
- Staff supervision and guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of technical program
- Provide technical leadership in implementation of complementary models of interest to SO/ANCP these include GEDSI, iMSD, WEE and Family Change Maker
Partnership, Networking and Resource Acquisition
- Provide a linkage and coordination as per need between FMNR Programs with SO with support from L&R NO staff.
- Represent WVK in EARO and other Regional forums as approved by Associate Director for Livelihoods and Resilience
- Represent WV in Environment, NRM, Climate change forums in the Four Program counties
- Coordinate and Manage Relationships with credible research institutions to support research component in the Program under the agreed framework.
- Participate in Nakuru, Baringo, Elgeyo-Marakwet and West Pokot County Environmental Stakeholders Forums/Technical working groups as well as supporting WVK Program officers and Cluster Managers on engagement in relation to Environment and Climate change and articulating FMNR objectives in the forums.
- Participate in the coordination of FMNR vision trips within the targeted Program areas
- Increase the visibility of WVK and ANCP by maintaining active engagement and advocacy on FMNR and Cluster/County related matters
- Participate in development of innovative FMNR, Climate Change Adaptation and other Resilience Building concepts and proposals for building community resilience for fundraising as well as marketing FMNR to various Learning forums
- Build and Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with partners at the counties, including visits by donors
- Collaborate with line ministries and departments in providing technical support and assistance to the program
- Support implementing staff to successfully engage with key internal and external stakeholders, including the private sector, community, religious leaders and other civil society representatives in order to maximize the impact of interventions;
- Support timely development of funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with Resource acquisition department;
- Participate in public forums and events as appropriate
Compliance to budget Utilization and timely implementation
- Ensure operation standards of the Program is maintained leading to acceptable ANCP/DFAT requirements
- Provide leadership and Ensure through Program Officers and cluster accountants, the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all FMNR related Program
- Ensure Program expenditure remains within the acceptable levels and ANCP/DFAT compliances (25% 1st Qtr and 75% for 3 Qtrs) Ensure timely achievement of Program targets on a monthly basis
- Austere budget utilization monitoring, generate quarterly procurement plans & tracking, contracts management & consultants, adherence to donor and grants contract agreement, adhered to asset management business processes, team review meetings, Risk Register as part of MMR, Share products of WVK (FMNR) engagements with partners from County level.
- Ensure monthly field support visits to 8 Program sites
Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Innovation
- Ensure that ANCP donor grant requirements are adhered to during FMNR Program implementation and monitoring and the relevant reports (weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) are submitted in a timely manner and meet the donor quality expectations.
- In collaboration with design monitoring and evaluation team, Consultants, FMNR and ADP teams, ensure all Program indicators are properly baselined, monitoring and mid or end term evaluation of FMNR Program is done as per the FMNR proposal and DIP and that any recommendations are promptly acted upon.
- Take lead in the documentation and sharing of best practices on livelihood mainstreaming and the dissemination of any Program technical reports.
- Facilitate community identification of issues, needs, assets and resources which help children thrive in a participatory and inclusive way.
- Together with Program officers develop and roll out community-based monitoring system for key child wellbeing indicators and targets.
- Plan tracking for key CWB indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities.
- Review the learning and monitoring reports developed during the reporting period and using them as the basis for the Program report
- Use innovation in Monitoring data to compile the necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports for forwarding to the Regional manager, NO as well as support office as advised
- Provide technical support in new innovations for the Program including carbon credit
- Contextualize and utilize planning guidelines for the CRIFSUP Program
- Ensure accurate and quality Annual Development Plan (AD Plan) and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the program in place and utilized
- Work closely with the CRIFSUP DMEAL Coordinator to effectively support the program to carry out all measurements and assessments baselines, assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations in accordance with donor requirements and WV established standards, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with the CRIFSUP MEAL to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner;
- Ensure the program achieves Child Well-Being Outcomes in line with the organizations Ministry Framework and Development Approach, and WVKs strategic priorities and the program designs.
- Develop monthly schedule for monitoring together with communities and partners;
- Ensure community capacity building plan on monitoring is in place and utilized;
- Participate in monthly data collection (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Apply Contextualized and utilized reporting guidelines
- Generate quality Monthly Management Reports (MMR) informed by accurate analyzed data written using language that is appropriate to the reader and in line with World Vision reporting guidelines;
- In liaison with Communications Officer, Develop context specific electronic and live media communications on program activities
- Work with DMEAL Coordinator ensure effective reflection and learning forums in the counties
- Work with DMEAL Coordinator to build the capacity for designing, monitoring, evaluating and learning from market-based approaches to collate, synthesize and communicate the evidence base for the economic development component.
- Participate in quarterly monitoring visits to the field to review progress, gather stories of change associated with Market systems development, sustainable natural resources-based VCs, and financial inclusion to identify and address strategic gaps;
Advocacy: Policy and Budget Influence
- Develop and maintain close relationships with the donor, Government, partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Program and partners are actively represented in coordination structures.
- Participation in Kenya or international conferences to share findings from the Program and support improved programmatic impact.
- Engage and/or get involved to provide support in policy dialogues and identify synergies or opportunities to advance project objectives.
- Maintain clear, regular and effective lines of communication with other Partners and other relevant stakeholders (GoK, International Agencies, private sector, and other local actors).
- Organize and convene/chair partners meetings for joint planning and Progress review. Coordinate advocacy and policy influence initiatives of the program at county and national level
- Increase the visibility of WVK and the donor by maintaining active engagement and advocacy on NRM related matters
- Ensure that staff capacity around policy and advocacy is built.
- Lead and participate in daily devotions and other organizational meetings as required.
FMNR Research and Development
- Coordinate implementation of FMNR MoU with Moi University, KEFRI, ICRAF and other research institutions
- Provide management support in establishment of research sites, data collection, community outreach and dissemination of research findings
- Provide technical support to Moi University in developing FMNR curricula for the university
- Represent WVK in implementation of FMNR MoU with Moi University
- Develop ANCP Program Design ToR and guide Consultant in Program design and preparation of design documents (PDDs)
- Program implementation structure and strategy including recruitment of new staff
- Gender Equality Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) alignment to the Program with indicator tracking Lead in the interpretation, dissemination and utilization of GEDSI & LVCD survey reports to inform CRIFSUP phase 2 and ongoing Program implementation
- Provide technical support to Program Design Consultant as per ANCP/DFAT requirements
- Sensitize staff on donor requirements from time to time
- Coordinate and conduct Climate, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction Integration Guidance (CEDRIG) assessment
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the job training;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Masters/Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Agri-business, Agro-forestry, Range land Management, Environmental studies, Climate Change or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 Years of work experience in Managing multi agency livelihood and Resilience grants in Pastoral and or Agro-pastoral regions;
- Experience with ANCP/DFAT donor Programs is an added advantage
- Knowledge in renewable energies and alternative technologies are of advantage;
- Good understanding of Sustainable NRM models e.g. FMNR and other landscape restoration techniques, Tree based value chains, Market systems strengthenings, Disaster Management, Peace Programming, GEDSI and Governance.
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated person who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- S/he must also have ample experience in public relations and be a strong team player
- Must have skills and ability to provide training and mentorships;
- S/he must be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
- Practical experience working with local communities, government, private sector, institutions and traditional authorities in pastoral and agro-pastoral ASAL regions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills;
- Proven leadership qualities, problem-solving and negotiation skills, and evidence of successful team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Knowledge of World Vision International working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage
- FMNR certification is an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Masters/Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Agri-business, Agro-forestry, Forestry, Range land Management, , Environmental studies, Climate Change or equivalent
- Certification in FMNR
- Membership with professional body; EIK or FSK
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.