Al-Mesalla Organization for Human Resources Development
Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Project manager
Duration of contract: 3 months (renewable)
Duty Station: Iraq, Erbil
Brief description of the organization
Al-Masalla Organization for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization registered in the Non-Governmental Organizations Department in the Federal Government and the Kurdistan Regional Government. Al-Mesalla has three programs: Nonviolence and peacebuilding program, which focuses on promoting peace and social cohesion within society, where our staff work to promote harmony and coexistence between different citizens, through the various activities that we implement in several Iraqi governorates. Women and Gender program focuses on empowering women to play an active role in society, and this is done through specialized courses and training to help and empower women economically and build their capacities in various fields. Human Rights Program: It focuses on promoting community empowerment and building its capabilities in various fields, such as childhood development, economic empowerment, environmental development, and others. Also, since June 2014, the Al-Mesalla has developed its services to the refugee and displaced communities in Iraq, where it hastened to provide emergency support to the displaced by working in the camps, to help them overcome the humanitarian crisis.
“Community Security and Integration Process (CSIP-IV)” is a partnership project that will implement by Al-Mesalla and its partner UNDP. This program aims to improve service access, and socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees, and host communities, by providing Livelihood, MHPSS, and other services with a strong focus on capacity-building of the local community.
The Project Manager contributes to the adaptation of the learning plan and developing the projects in all the sector. He/ She provides support and consultations to the grantees in order to develop their business plan according to the context of the area based on field assessments and surveys.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program directors
- Manage project personnel in an efficient and productive manner to achieve project objectives.
- Assist with the recruitment of the project staff, in coordination with HR, and the Managers.
- Prepare monthly plans and reports to submit to the donor at an inappropriate time.
- Support the organization and facilitation of the activities of the project with the participation of the team, including leading logistical arrangements.
- Facilitate regular project meetings to develop plans and face challenges in the implementation of the project.
- Preparing analytical reviews and systematically capturing lessons learned from the project implementation
- Identifying follow-up actions and design of project documents.
- Prepare monthly logistic needs for the project.
- Select participants for training in collaboration with project staff work and partners.
- Regular Conducting site visits to follow up on the project implementation
- Coordinate with relevant stockholders and partners to lead the project in a collaborative and smooth manner.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relations with partners.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi government institutions in the project implementation area.
- Work closely with finance and HR and procurement departments to facilitate the work of the project and meet the requirements of the donor.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (business management, Law, Political Science, Education, Economics, Development, International Relations, etc.).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in development/humanitarian project management
- Required excellent oral and written English
- Excellent command and understanding of the project life cycle management from need assessment to evaluation;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives – Previous experience working under pressure and/or in a hardship duty station
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills Desirable requirements:
- Written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish.
- Knowledge of standards and literature in human and environmental rights, policy-making, humanitarian and development principles, accountability, and governance.
- Motivated, dynamic; able, and willing to take initiative.
How To Apply
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after the closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency of the hiring process, Al-Mesala is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and the vacancy may be filled before the closing date. Therefore, Al-Mesala reserves the right to recruit suitable candidates at any time before the above-mentioned deadline.
How TO APPLY
This job opening is available to both internal and external candidates. However, if there are any qualified internal candidates, they will be given priority
Please submit your CV as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject : Project Manager
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.