United Nations Development Programme
UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that the commitments to gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action in humanitarian response plans. As the war crisis in Ukraine continues and its impact on neighboring countries and host communities deepens, there is an increasing recognition among all the key actors that the development and humanitarian challenges arising from the crisis must be met with accelerated action and enhanced capacity. In this respect, UN Women Moldova Country Office is contributing to the United Nations processes to support the efforts of the Government of Moldova, I/NGOs, and UN Agencies on the humanitarian response to the refugee crisis and its impact on the host communities in Moldova.
As part of the country and regional response to the Ukraine crisis, UN Women Moldova CO repurposed and reprogrammed existing funds that helped swiftly respond to the rapidly evolving needs of civil society organizations focused on women’s rights and services. The funds were geared toward supporting women’s mobilization and leadership at the local level, and ensuring their voices and concerns guide decision-making at all levels. It has also helped provide immediate gender responsive assistance to refugee women and girls.
UN Women has assured funding from WPHF and USA to contribute to the Refugee Response Plan in Moldova and ensure support for immediate needs of refugees, prevention of and early detection of and referral of GBV, livelihood opportunities in Moldova for Ukrainian women refugees and is recruiting one Project Officers to support the effective management and delivery of its humanitarian interventions with the focus on multisectoral, gender responsive and coordinated services and responses to crisis affected and at-risk women and girls in Moldova.
To support the effective management and delivery of its humanitarian interventions which will focus in the upcoming period on providing multisectoral, gender responsive responses to crisis affected and at-risk women and girls in Moldova, UN Women Moldova is recruiting a Project Officer, who will provide technical guidance and coordination to the project and ensuring its effective implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Specialist, and the direct supervision from Project Manager, the Project Officer will perform the following duties:
- Effective management of projects, including preparation of project workplans, procurement actions and implementation monitoring.
- Coordination and partnership building with national partners, refugee coordination/response working groups, and UN entities.
- Communication about the programme activities and results; and generating knowledge management.
- Specific responsibilities
- Ensure effective implementation and periodic monitoring of programmatic interventions in line with UN Women regulations;
- Prepare, review and monitor the implementation of the project annual and quarterly work plans, procurement actions and implementing partners plans;
- Follow up and support the process of issuing Calls for Proposals, partner selection, LPAC-ing, and PGAMS/partner agreement management;
- Design, oversee, and coordinate the implementation of relevant project activities in collaboration with implementing partners, UN Women team, and refugee coordination/response working groups;
- Provide support to the management of human resources pertaining to the project, including both staff, consultants and short-term experts; draft terms of reference for international and national consultants;
- Act as Project Manager in Atlas/Quantum, RMS and MERP;
- Provide support in the management of the financial resources, including budgeting and budget revisions, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports of Implementing Partners for processing of payments;
- Continuously record and maintain relevant Programme activities, issues, risks, etc. in the corporate UN Women system following internal guidelines and procedures;
- Periodically consult with and report to the Country Office Management Team on progress in implementation, bottlenecks and challenges with guidance from the Programme Specialist.
Capacity Development of implementing partners:
- Identify capacities gaps among implementing partners and map potential support activities;
- Coordinate and lead capacity development support to implementing partners through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the job training.
Coordination and Partnership building:
- Participate and meaningfully contribute to the coordination meetings with national partners, United Nations, implementing partners, and refugee response actors, and provide them with technical, operational, and inputs on a regular basis;
- Ensure coordination with relevant humanitarian working groups including the Gender Task force (GTF) also with systematic information sharing;
- Coordinate and maintain a constructive dialogue among relevant line ministries, UN Agencies and implementing partners ensuring regular updates on programme;
- Create and coordinate partnership with local authorities, service providers, humanitarian/refugee response actors, women’s organizations and other stakeholders in target regions.
Communication and Knowledge Management:
- Identify and support the production of communication material about the programme in coordination with the communication specialist;
- Systematically document and disseminate with project stakeholders and wider community the knowledge generated through the project implementation process, in particular the experience and good practices vis-à-vis gender responsive humanitarian action/refugee response and the enhancement of the safety, security and human rights of women and girls;
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Any other related duties as may be required.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Humanities, Social sciences, Economics or related field;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Additional training and certification in programme/project management would be an advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience in programme/project implementation, designs and management,
- Experience in humanitarian or crisis settings is an advantage;
- Experience in women’s empowerment, gender equality and women’s human rights is an advantage;
- Experience in supervising and coordinating the implementation of multiple projects of NGOs/Community-based organizations (CBOs) is an advantage;
- Experience in the UN system, agencies and international organizations is an asset;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of social impact projects is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required;
- Fluency in Russian is an asset.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Ukrainian, Romani or sign language is an advantage.
Recommend your friend
Communication and Knowledge Management:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Occupational Health Nurse Advisor Gateshead, Tyne & Wear + HomebasedOccupational Health StaffingGateshead, Tyne and WearGateshead, Tyne and Wear
Senior Manager CX+I Customer Experience & Innovation ConsultingPublicis SapientHessenHessen
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – HMS Drake Medical Centre-37.5 HoursMilitary Medical PersonnelPlymouth - Devonport, DevonPlymouth - Devonport, Devon
Shift Lead Logistics / Schichtleitung (m/w/d)FlaschenpostPotsdam, BrandenburgPotsdam, Brandenburg