United Nations Development Programme
UN Women is looking for experienced Project Officer, WEE to support Afghan women entrepreneurs through empowerment and creating networking opportunities as well as building infrastructure for business development that will lead to the improved economic potentials through identifying the skills gaps for women, boosting beneficiaries’ skills and linking women to market for employment opportunities. This intervention is part of an integrated response of UN Women Afghanistan and aligns with the United Nations Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF) for Afghanistan: essential services are sustained that address basic human needs for the people in Afghanistan. Under this outcome, livelihoods will be preserved, and jobs will be created through asset creation and business support at community and household level.
The incumbent will provide support to existing and emerging (start-ups) women-led businesses, including both home-based businesses and businesses run in market or commercial areas. The Project Officer will keep a close liaison with field offices for ensuring adequate exchange of information, facilitating the timely execution of the WEE programme workplan and furnish required details as and when required by the WEE Programme Manager. This support will help women recover from crisis, strengthen women’s resilience, address their basic needs, reduce poverty, and support addressing the unemployment crisis.
Reporting to the Programme Manager/ Women’s Economic Empowerment, the Project Officer, WEE will work along with other team members in the WEE Programme to provide support to the business community and women owned businesses and she/he will ensure that project activities meet their goals. She/ he will travel to field offices, engage directly with beneficiaries, partners, and consultants on business development matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women’s Economic Empowerment:
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Women’s Economic Empowerment
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme:
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of Women’s Economic Empowerment programme:
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Women’s Economic Empowerment to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Afghanistan :
- Provide technical support to the WEE Programme Manager on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women’s Economic Empowerment;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Women’s Economic Empowerment.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with five additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in development programme/ project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in livelihoods and jobs’ creation programmes is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
Recommend your friend
Duties and Responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Project Assistant United Nations Development Programme Experience: 0 to 3 Years Islamabad, Pakistan Apply By: 10-02-2023AnywhereAnywhere
SUPPORTER ENGAGEMENT OFFICER AMERICASThe Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and MalariaMexicoMexico
Preparation/update of Protected Areas Management Plans integrating CCA measuresUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Project Coordinator Oxfam Experience: 5 to 10 Years Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Apply By: 06-02-2023AnywhereAnywhere