Jesuit Refugee Service Iraq
The Protection & Education Assistant Director works in collaboration with the P&E D (Qaraqosh) to ensure the effective management of protection and education programmes at the JRS Community Centres. The Assistant Director provides extensive support to the Project Director in both area, protection and education and in complementary skills (reporting, coordination, team’s support).
S/he works closely with the Project Director and has a good knowledge about the support provided by Assistant Country Directors (ACD), Country Programmes Officer (CPO), Human Resources Officer (HRO), Finance Officer (FO) and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO).
Main Responsibilities of the position
- Administrative work in JRS comes as complement of accompaniment of beneficiaries and staff members, it is undertaken in a respectful and fair manner
- In collaboration with the Protection & Education Director, the Assistant Director fulfils important administrative, coordination, and supervision functions in the project
- Deputise when requested and when the project director is not available
- Supervise Adult Education and Skills Training, ensuring the quality of courses, regular attendance by participants, and the relevance of public awareness sessions
- Supervise the upkeep, maintenance, and logistics of all facilities used by IRQ 10 at the JRS Community Centres, including organised and clean storage and accountability for all items in storage
- Overall Logistic verification, check ordered items against delivery and ensure quality of services before payment, including vehicle servicing and any maintenance carried out by external staff, and withhold payment for damaged or incorrect items or sub-standard work. Ensure the quality and consistency of JRS education interventions with the assistance of the Education Coordinator
Assistant Project Management
- Support the Project Director and Coordinators to ensure that project activities (Objectives A-B-C) outlined in the PRM and JRS project proposals (Objectives A-B-C) are implemented and delivered on time or ahead of time and within budget
- Assist in monitoring expenses with the assistance of the project accountant
- Help in supervising project staff, including the coordinators, to ensure that each staff is doing their duty – e.g., watchmen, education coordinator, etc.
- Involved in the collection and consolidation of data and follow implementation updates on project activities to ensure timely reporting (monthly, six monthly, annual, or otherwise) in collaboration with the PD
- Contribute to effective collaboration with the JRS Qaraqosh MHPSS project (IRQ 04) maintain good relationship with the MHPSS staff
- Immediately report any concerns (security, HR, finance, etc) to the Country Office—Country Director and/or Assistant Director, Country HR, and Country Finance Officer as applicable
- Assist in organizing any kind of events related to the life of the programme
- Support and organize meeting with local authorities, UN representatives for the PD as well as CO members
- Contribute to good relationships with public and private partners, religious and governmental representatives
- Have a good knowledge on the NGOs working in Ninewa Plain
- In absence of the PD represents JRS Iraq in any meeting (general or local coordination, CO’s visit etc.) and report to the PD
- Be available to organize to media request
Undertakes any other duties as assigned by the Country Director that are within the ambit of the position.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in M&E/Project Management or working in humanitarian field
- Proven managerial experience
- Good organizational skills, with a sense of priorities
- Strong motivation to serve internally displaced persons and returnees according to the values and self-understanding of JRS
- Cultivate good relations among JRS Staff, free from external pressure
- Good interpersonal and facilitations skills with the ability to manage team to reach consensus on complex and/or divisive issues
- Fluent written and spoken English, , Arabic, Syriac is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft365TM applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams, as well as in KoboCollect or other humanitarian data gathering platforms or software
- Reliability and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to perform under pressure
How To Apply
Only if you fulfil the requirements and qualifications,
Please kindly send a CV and a Cover Letter to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.