Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The purpose of the Protection Programme Development Manager (PDM) is to grow the core competency (CC) Protection from Violence in NRC South Sudan. This will include finetuning and managing a clear Protection from Violence strategy, building donor relationships, and identifying new funding streams, partnerships, and strategic opportunities in static and mobile operations. The purpose of the Protection Programme Development Manager (PDM) is to grow the core competency (CC) Protection from Violence in NRC South Sudan. This will include finetuning and managing a clear Protection from Violence strategy, building donor relationships, and identifying new funding streams, partnerships, and strategic opportunities in static and mobile operations.
- Develop and oversee Protection from Violence CC strategy, Macro Logframe, and technical SOPs/guidelines.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Protection project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Oversee and lead the start-up of Protection from Violence CC in South Sudan Country Office including leading the development, update, and dissemination of Protection from Violence CC strategy.
- Lead the expansion of NRC’s Protection from Violence portfolio in South Sudan through the development of sound and evidence-based concept notes, proposals and budgets for new and existing projects in close coordination with relevant programme and support staff.
- Actively contribute to broader strategic planning processes in NRC South Sudan Country Office, ensuring that Protection from Violence CC interventions are considered.
- Participate in NRC multi-CC planning and programme design initiatives, providing technical guidance and support during the planning and design phase.
- Support in the development, roll out and strengthening of the South Sudan Protection Information Management systems.
- Gather and analyse protection data from target or proposed target populations, as part of integrated or joint assessments, and use this in response analysis to develop contextually appropriate, technically sound new projects and programmes and inform advocacy efforts.
- Ensure NRC global safe and inclusive programming standards are embedded in Protection activities.
- At least five years in humanitarian Protection programming environment, including three years’ experience in a senior level project or programme management position.
- Experience in implementing/overseeing specialised protection service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (law, social sciences or related disciplines). An advanced academic qualification will be an added advantage.
- Clear understanding of protection issues, legal frameworks and professional standards in humanitarian and displacement contexts. Knowledge of relevant legal and policy frameworks, international and domestic laws, with focus on International Humanitarian Law, Human Rights.
- Previous experience working in protracted emergencies including in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the protection context in South Sudan will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in information management especially protection related IM systems.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and work processes and work with short deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/ Specific skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan preferred.
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes and programme development.
- Experience leading stand-alone protection programmes, protection assessments.
- Experience or working knowledge of the Protection information management system.
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, in sensitive environments and with different stakeholders.
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Juba, Sudan
Type of Contract: 1years renewable- renewable
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to All Nationals.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.