World Vision Ireland seeks to engage a suitably qualified consultant to provide technical support to strengthen our response to climate change across a range of programmes and sectors.
World Vision Ireland is a child-focused humanitarian and development organisation dedicated to working with children, families and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the root causes of poverty and injustice. We are currently implementing a rage of programmes across 17 countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands, predominantly in the education, livelihoods and health and nutrition sectors.
We recognise the ever-increasing impact of climate on our ability to achieve impact and are increasing our response to the climate crisis across our programming. In 2023 we will commence a number of new programmes including NOURISH (Nature-based Opportunities Underpinning Resilient, Sustainable Households) an integrated programme addressing the intersection of livelihoods, climate and nutrition. NOURISH will implement climate smart nutrition sensitive activities in response to the impacts of climate change in five countries.
To ensure effective and quality programming we are seeking a consultant to provide technical support across our programming but in particular to specific climate responses, such as NOURISH.
The Consultant will provide timely and appropriate technical advice, suggestions and recommendations in relation to strengthening our climate responses both within specific climate related projects and strengthening the considerations of climate change in all sector programmes.
Activities will include the following:
- Review proposed approaches to addressing livelihoods and resilience in the context of climate change and suggest areas for strengthening the responses.
- Provide field-centred training on relevant approaches related to climate and resilience.
- Provide technical support to Programme teams and build their capacity in the areas of Climate Adaptation and resilience.
- Provide analysis of any climate impact of specific programmes that are ongoing or nearing completion.
- Provide technical support on climate/resilience related grant applications.
- Provide technical input to the design and implementation of climate-related research linked to World Vision Ireland programming.
- Provide technical support to development of technical briefs, policy documents etc.
March – December 2023
Hours required may vary from month to month depending on field requirements and/or HQ needs. On average we envision a minimum of 20 hours per month to maximum of 40 hours per month.
- Master’s degree in climate science, environmental studies, natural resources management, international development, or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in climate change adaptation and resilience, natural resource management, nature-based solutions, sustainable development, transformative and inclusive adaptation, climate justice, or relevant technical experience.
- Three to five years of experience providing technical support on climate change and resilience.
- Credible track record designing adaptation programming, including transformative approaches and cross-sectoral strategies.
- Experience assessing adaptation capacities and implementing local capacity development initiatives.
- Experience with national and/or local adaptation planning, including contributions to the development of National Adaptation Plans.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
- Availability for in-person meetings and working at WV Ireland office in Rathmines
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit:
- Letter of Intent: Please state, the intent, availability and qualification for this assignment.
- A Technical Proposal including:
- Approach to provision of technical assistance
- Qualification Summary (2 pages max): Describe your interest and capacity for undertaking this assignment. Include relevant qualifications, skill sets and experience.
- References: Include a minimum of two references familiar with the quality and reliability of your work. For each reference include a contact phone number and email address, a brief description of services provided, and the time frame in which services were provided.
- Work Samples: Provide two written samples of previous work
- A Financial proposal
The Consultant will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Qualification Summary (40%)
- Approach to Technical Support (40%)
- Financial Proposal (20%)
All applications should be sent to [email protected] by February 22nd 2023