Child Guidance Center of Mid-Fairfield County
Mid-Fairfield Community Care Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit mental health agency, is seeking a part-time (approximately 20 hours) or full time Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner for a Child Guidance Center in Norwalk, CT with at least 2 years of experience providing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management to children and families. The APRN, under the direct supervision of a child psychiatrist, will conduct psychiatric evaluations and prescribe, monitor, manage and maintain the psychotropic medication for children in the out-patient clinic. The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- MSN Degree from accredited school of Nursing with clinical specialty in Psychiatry/Mental-Health. Experience in Child and Family Mental Health preferred.
- Credentialing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as Psychiatric Mental-Health Nurse Practitioner.
Licensure State of CT licensed APRN State of CT-Controlled Substance Registration Federal DEA-Controlled Substance Registration
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the directed supervision of a child psychiatrist
- Collaborate with clinicians as needed for psychiatric evaluation and medication management appointments.
- Participate in Staff Meetings, Conferences, Community Activities, In-Service Training Activities, and Workshops identified by the Child Guidance Center of Mid-Fairfield County as conducive to continued growth and skill development.
- Collaborate with outside providers, including but not limited to educational providers. Attend PPT’s and 504 meetings as a representative for the client and program if needed.
- Available for after hours on-call (telephone consult only) consultation regarding medication related questions as needed.
Mid-Fairfield Community Care Center provides mental health diagnostic assessments and treatment services including individual, family, group therapy, and parent guidance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $110,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norwalk, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- psychiatric evals and prescribing psychotropic medications: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.