Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Psychotherapist in Chamchamal – Sulaymaniyah – Iraq.
Status: Full-time (40hrs/week).
Required Degree: Bachelor or higher degree in Clinical Psychology or Psychology.
Reports to: Branch Manager, Clinical Lead, and Head of Trauma Care and Health.
Application deadline: 2 February, 2023
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conducting intake and diagnostic interviews by using the organization’s guidelines
- Psychotherapeutic (long-term) out-patient treatment, including group and individual therapy
- Regular follow-up of therapeutic progress and correct termination of therapy
- Suicidal Risk Assessment and implementing required psychological interventions
- Regular visits to IDP and refugee camps
- Regular documentation and data entry to each patient file and database form.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team, cooperation with other staff members, centers, and external partners
- Organization and realization of information, empowerment events, and awareness activities for clients and members of marginalized groups as well as for parents and other caretakers
- Regular active participation in staff-to-staff training, case supervision, individual and group supervision, as well as seminars with external trainers both in Iraq and abroad
- Regular self-education in relevant topics by using the center’s special library
- Regular attendance in external workshops, conferences, briefings, and other relevant meetings.
Carry out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in staff-to-staff training as well as seminars with external trainers
- High standard and qualitative training and education in psychotherapy
- Paid holidays (24 days for the full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Fluent Kurdish (Arabic & English skills desired).
- Bachelor or higher degree in Clinical Psychology or Psychology.
- Work experience with psychotherapy or counseling (desired).
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and data entry.
- Ability to travel, including multi-day trips both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, and cooperate with other staff members, centers, and external partners.
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your previous work experience and your motivation and CV (both in English) via this https://form.jotform.com/230283270746455
Please note that applications who do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered!
The Jiyan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.