Hawthorne Foundation Inc.
***NEW AND EXCITING NEWS! Hawthorne Foundation Inc. has implemented a generous SIGN-ON BONUS of $1500 for new full-time employees!***
- $750– on completion of 3 months of employment
- $750 -on completion of 6 months of employment
Qualifications for Registered Nurse (RN):
- Certification by the Department of Education, State of New York as a Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of developmental disabilities working with individuals over 21.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the individuals we service, their families and personnel.
- Ability to relate to others, especially special needs, is essential.
- Good communication skills (e.g. verbal, written and telephone)
- Computer skills
General Responsibilities (Registered Nurse)
- Registered Nurse (RN) will ensure retention, review and maintain each Individuals health records and Immunization records.
- Registered Nurse ensures acquisition of physical examination by physician to achieve compliance with the OPWDD regulations.
- The Registered Nurse ensures all required medical and health related documentation is complete, current and maintained in a chart/file established for each individual.
- Physically assess individuals to recognize normal and abnormal variations.
- Participate in team conferences and individual program planning for each individual.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) documents changes in medical status to ensure that it is complete and comprehensive. (e.g. illness, seizure activity or any other changes in health status that require medical assessment and maintain up to date information pertaining to medication, food and seasonal allergies).
- The Registered Nurse (RN) recognizes and understands how cultural life style, family dynamics, and economic, ethnic and environmental factors affect health.
- The Registered Nurse understands the nutritional needs of students.
- RN provides first aid to students as needed.
- The Registered Nurse participates in counseling and teaching individuals, their families, and educational staff on topics such as personal hygiene, family life, dental care, sex education and safety education.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) participates in counseling, training, in servicing and teaching of staff to ensure staff is adequately informed.
COPY AND PASTE LINK TO APPLY DIRECTLY ON COMPANY SITE:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 – $45.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- RN (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.