Public Affairs Consultant
Open Consultants is a Berlin-based group of strategic and organizational consultants with the mission to advance global health & development. We provide the full range of strategic, policy, organizational, and analytical support to leading global health and development organizations. We are currently looking for a Brussels-based Consultant to support our work at the EU level.
We work with leading international development and global health organizations, from large public and private sector organizations to foundations and non-governmental organizations, such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and the World Bank, among many others.
We are aspirational and put ourselves up to new challenges. We want to learn every day and invest in our development. We care about each other as a team and always take the time for some fun and laughter.
Sounds appealing? Then come join us.
As a Consultant, you will support our work with several clients to implement their global health strategy with EU stakeholders at the Commission, Council and wider civil society. You will provide intelligence, conduct research and policy analysis, draft policy documents, and actively support our clients’ engagement at the EU level.
Ideally, we are looking for someone to support us for 8-10 days per month (this is negotiable). Our open and collaborative working culture provides the space to bring in your ideas and expertise. You will collaborate with a diverse and fun team that looks out for each other.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience in public affairs at the EU level, vis-a-vis the Parliament, the Council and the European Commission;
- Background in development policy at the EU level and in-depth knowledge of the EU’s development policy priorities, ideally with an understanding of global health or willingness to develop expertise in this area;
- Experience in campaigns and advocacy work;
- Strong networks in the Council, Parliament, relevant DGs in the European Commission and civil society organizations;
- Previous work in consulting, government affairs or in one of the relevant EU institutions;
- Advanced degree (Master or equivalent) in Political Science, Public Affairs, Global Public Health, Economics or another relevant field from a major university;
- Excellent problem-solving, writing and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Powerpoint;
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French, German, and other EU languages is an asset;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a good sense of humor.
Please send your CV to [email protected] at your earliest convenience. We will review resumes as they come in. Any questions? Ping us!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.