This lifestyle apparel retailer with a reputation for outstanding quality is looking to recruit an experienced QA Technologist to join their Team. You will be responsible for reviewing and assessing all apparel/accessory ranges at shipment sample to approve bulk shipments from supply partners, in partnership with technology team and oversee QC process within owned distribution centre.
QA Technologist – The Job Outline
- Reviewing all approvals are in place for each product/ colour option, test reports approved, fabric provenance evidenced and branding is correct to spec’d requirements.
- Assessing bulk shipment samples (Gold seal samples) including fitting, key measurements, and product quality against pre-production specifications and approved pre-production samples.
- Sample management of Shipment samples and product specifications to be passed to internal QC team.
- Drafting up Shipment approval specifications using PLM and issue to suppliers.
- Work closely with Buying team to ensure fit sessions are scheduled in line with priorities/ critical dates to ensure ex-factory is achieved timely manner.
- Attend any relevant critical path meetings that relate to ex-factory dates and ensure priorities are managed and cascaded to approvals.
- Work with suppliers to resolve any deliveries that Fail suppliers AQL checks before leaving the factory- minimising delay to exfactory, ensuring Quality issues are resolved ahead of agreeing shipment.
- Manage the assessment and reporting on supplier’s performance at QC check stage.
- Work with the Technologist team to put in place supplier improvement plans/ corrective action, with clear requirements to support improve bulk production, monitor and report on progress.
- Ahead of each season liaise with the logistics team to select product for QC checks at UK DC using the supplier performance report to inform decisions.
- Ensure any 3rd party QC requirements are passed to the QC team and fulfilled.
QA Technologist – The Person Specification
- A background in QA/Quality Control for apparel is essential – min. 5 years
- Strong understanding of womenswear fit and garment construction
- Experience of working with production set-up in factories
- Understanding of test reports and approvals
- Experience of formal AQL systems and reports
- Experience of working with overseas/international QC departs and global supply chain
- Knowledge of Organic Cotton or GOTS an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the business – written and verbal, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Use initiative and instigate action when needed
- Effective decision maker
- Ability to work hours as required and able to travel abroad as required by the business.
Please apply with your updated CV to [email protected] quoting our reference: 12462AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.