Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
** Sign on Bonus for Qualified candidates!
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women’s Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, women’s centers, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for a motivated, professional, and friendly individual to be a Radiation Therapist. Under the supervision and guidance of the Radiation Oncology Manager the Radiation Therapist interprets and implements prescription and treatment plan as directed by the Radiation Oncologist. This is a full-time, day shift position working a Monday – Friday schedule. ** Sign on Bonus for Qualified candidates!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets and implements prescription, and treatment plan as directed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Educate patients on procedures, skin care, side effects and nutrition.
- Observe patients for physical and emotional changes, side effects and nutrition needs.
- Performs simulation procedures and prepares immobilization devices for various body parts.
- Monitors patients’ clinical progress; withholds treatment if necessary and refers patients to medical or nursing staff for appropriate intervention.
- Operation of the therapeutic equipment, proper patient positioning, monitoring of the patient during the procedure, and related clerical duties. Elekta equipment experience preferred.
- Performs daily equipment warm-up and quality assurance procedures.
- Serves as a technical resource person for implementing new techniques or technology.
- Assists in training and evaluation of student therapists if applicable
- Accurately complete and chart all simulation and treatment summaries, reports and documentations,
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Medical Office operations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook and internet.
- EMR experience.
- Reliable transportation and willing to travel between clinic locations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- ASRT Certification.
- One to two years experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment. We are an E.O.E.
Visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. “Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $77,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- What is your expected salary?
- Radiation therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.