Landmark Cancer Center / Derma Therapies
Derma Therapy Solutions, a Landmark Cancer company, is the Leading provider of Electronic Brachytherapy for the treatment of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer (NMSC). The company has nearly 20 years of cancer center development, ownership, and operational experience, including Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiology, Surgery, Imaging, and more.
Our oncology powered skin cancer program is tailored for today’s modern Dermatology practice and delivered within the dermatology office. Our board-certified physicians and medical professionals are experts and innovators in their field. We focus on treating basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers utilizing Electronic Brachytherapy, a significant advancement in radiotherapy technology that can cure skin cancer quickly and painlessly without surgery.
We are looking for a self-motivated and organized licensed Radiation Therapist to work at our Lexington, KY location. The Radiation Therapist will accurately deliver skin cancer treatment with a Xoft Accent Electronic Brachytherapy Machine. The device uses a patented miniaturized x-ray source to deliver a precise radiation dose to the cancer lesion.
The therapist who joins our team needs to be comfortable leading the program at their location while being fully supported by our oncology team. Our therapists tell us that they appreciate the work schedule, work environment in the clinic and the additional patient interaction they have.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Accurately delivers and records radiation therapy treatments under the direction and oversight of the radiation oncologist and chief radiation therapist.
– Works closely with the Physician during consultation and simulation to provide the best treatment option.
– Instructs and reassures patients on what to expect during treatment, such as skin reaction and wound care.
– Accurately enters and maintains patient treatment parameters into electronic medical record.
– Participates in clinical instruction of newly hired therapists.
– Assists in maintaining patient appointment schedule and submitting correct billing information.
– Creates custom cutouts and provides cutout measurements to physics.
– Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
· Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy program.
· ARRT certification, required.
· Valid driver’s license, required
· Valid Kentucky Radiation Therapy License
· Prior Radiation Therapy Experience Preferred, Though New Grads Will be Considered.
· Experience with the Xoft Axxent Electronic Brachytherapy Systems preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 – $50.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- No weekends
- Self-determined schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lexington, KY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Radiation therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.