University of Alaska
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic phone operation and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of office equipment including scanner, copier, and postage meter. Knowledge of campus and community events/activities. Ability to maintain the cleanliness of workspace and organization. Acute attention to detail, exceptional customer service, prioritizing skills, and ability to maintain composure during intensely busy periods. Knowledge of automated accounting systems, and electronic spreadsheets. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Verification, monitoring, and reconciling skills.
- Ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to understand fiscal and purchasing policies, rules & regulations.
- Intermediate computer and spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population with excellent interpersonal skills. Effective communication both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Two years of office/administrative experience.
Required Education or Training:
High School graduation and two years office/administrative experience, or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, 10.5-month, non-exempt, term-funded, staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package . New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule (Bethel) , Grade 76, based on education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified. Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified. This position will close on February 5, 2023.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University’s discretion.
UAF COVID Requirements:
At this time, all UAF employees are strongly encouraged to vaccinate themselves against the COVID-19 virus. While the federal government is not actively enforcing its COVID-19 vaccine mandates, including its mandate requiring vaccination of federal contractor employees, UAF remains contractually obligated as a federal contractor to comply with those requirements should federal enforcement efforts recommence. As a result, UAF may adjust its vaccination requirements for UAF employees at any time in the future, as needed, in order to comply with its contractual obligations.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Morrow Duszynski, College of Rural and Community HR Coordinator, at [email protected] or (907)-474-6569.
Advertised:06 Jan 2023 Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close:Open until filled
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.