Job Overview/Summary: The RCA Specialist is responsible for managing the provision of services to assist newly arrived refugee clients to attain self-sufficiency short term cash assistance and referrals to employment services. Specifically, the RMA Specialist ensures services related to the administration of Refugee Medical Assistance services and with screening, enrollment, monthly cash assistance, and follow-up services.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing intake, assessment, and enrollment to a case load of Refugee Medical Assistance clients
- Print & distribute RMA cards
- Connect clients with referrals to eligible providers
- Work with the Economic Empowerment Supervisor and if needed WTOR to screen Cuban Entrants for RMA eligibility
- Register clients in e-RED
- Refer RMA clients to employment services, ELI services, and other services as appropriate
- Monthly travel to Midland to provide services to clients residing in the Permian Basin region
- Ensure case files and reports are maintained in accordance with grant requirements.
- Other duties as requested
- Undergraduate degree required
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Bilingual ability in Spanish highly desired.
- Proven success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in Spanish is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Occasional domestic (non-local) travel required; up to 10%.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: