Organization: IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Support BRC Country Cluster Manager for Southern Africa and the regional team in ensuring efficient, effective and timely financial management and administration of BRC supported programming in Southern Africa, including Zimbabwe Red Cross Society (ZRCS), Namibia Red Cross Society (NRCS), Eswatini Red Cross Society (BERCS), Lesotho Red Cross (LRCS) and other NS in the region if required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Based on joint work planning, the regional assistant finance and admin officer will work together with the Senior Finance Officer and perform the following duties:
- Validate and verify ZRCS/NRCS/BERCS/LRCS project financial reports ensuring they are correct in terms of entries and calculations; and are consistent with figures presented in supporting documents;
- Ensure budget variance explanations and activities and corresponding budget lines carried forward are correct and consistent with narrative reports;
- Verify that ZRCS/NRCS/BERCS/LRCS project financial reports, invoices and supporting documents meet project agreed requirements & timelines and is consistent with the NSs policies and procedures and BRC financial management guidelines as per the back-donor requirements;
- Manage and follow-up with ZRCS/ NRCS/ BERCS/LRCS Financial Department on (1), (2) and (3) as required; and escalate to BRC Country Cluster Manager for Southern Africa / BRC ESA Program Accountant as necessary;
- Proactively identify broader systematic issues within BRC-supported project financial management practice that need addressing; and in liaison with the regional team to agree plan of action as to who will address this with NSs Financial Department and how;
- In cooperation with the regional NSD coordinator, to assist on financial sustainability and finance development issues that BRC will support in the region. If required, support on review due diligence documents and processes.
- Provide technical support as agreed to NS in preparing annual and revised programme budgets;
- Ensure that NSs fixed assets inventory lists for projects, in line with their policies and project requirements, are established and maintained at all levels;
- Plan and organise BRC internal audits and Donor initiated audits in Zimbabwe/ Namibia/ Eswatini/Lesotho in relation to BRC supported programmes;
- Be focal point for BRC financial management capacity building efforts with NSs (involving potential field visits to the project implementation areas to work with regional/provincial/district teams)
- Undertake quality control of cash transfer requests from the BRC and the NSs, and transmit them to the BRC UKO for further processing;
- Provide timely pre-verification of ZRCS payment requests ensuring compliance with necessary internal controls and procedures. This includes pre-verification and post-verification of ZRCS payrolls and salary payments to ZRCS staff.
- Ensure compliance of administrative procedures in the BRC Office and be focal point for this with the rest of the Southern Africa team.
- Ensure timely and accurate cash management in the BRC Country Office and liaise with BRC bankers on general banking issues
- Ensure timely and accurate booking of BRC Country Office transactions and timely reporting to BRC UKO International Finance
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance
- ACCA qualification preferred
- Minimum 3 years auditing and/or finance management experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software (Navision preferred)
- Experience in budget preparation and follow-up
- Experience in financial management with, or auditing of, Non-Government Organisations preferred
- Experience and knowledge of international donor procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Knowledge of standard internal control procedures and practice
- Demonstrated capacity to produce results timely and rigorously
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.