The Edu-Care Board Inc.
Arbour Glen Day Nursery (The Edu-Care Board Inc.) is a not-for-profit organization that is operated by an experienced leadership team and overseen by an engaged and passionate Board of Directors. We are a licensed Child Care Centre, that is inspected annually by the Ministry of Education. We are proud to have been caring for children in our community since 1966.
This postiion is for our Infant Room. Are you interested in working with a dynamic team of Registered Early Childhood Educators, in one of the most positive child care settings in London? By following the mission and guiding principals of our organization, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) works on a team with other Educators and is responsible for planning and implementing a play-based learning program and challenging environment for children from 6 months to 4 years of age, that will meet the goals and approaches of our Program Statement and Program Implementation Policy. The RECE will address the emotional, cognitive, social, and physical needs of both individual and groups of children while effectively communicating with parents, co-workers and community partners. THIS IS FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION (37.5 Hrs./Wk, Mon. to Fri.), Includes Benefits package.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Diligent supervision for the safety and well being of the children in our program
- Abide fully by the regulations of the Ontario Early Years Act (OEYA)
- Abide by the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and other requirements of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Co-plan, organize and facilitate a play-based curriculum (exploration, play and enquiry) to engage children in learning, based on the Ministry of Education’s “How Does Learning Happen?” (HDLH)
- Express and foster warm and responsive interactions with children and their families, to facilitate a sense of belonging
- Communicate respectfully with parents and family members, both verbally and in written formats to engage them about their children and our program
- Observe children’s development and interactions, documenting each child’s progress including progress reports, learning stories and emergent curriculum planning
- Support children’s ability to express themselves, to interact with others and to self-regulate
- Nurture the health and well-being of children in a safe environment
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the Director, Supervisors, Co-workers and the Board of Directors in a respectful manner, that successfully upholds the core principles of our organization
- Collaborate positively with visiting families, partners and organizations in the community
- Be a life-long learner and engage in continuous professional learning opportunities
- Carry out all aspects of job duties listed within the classrooms
- Provide supervision of students on placement and any volunteers in the program.
- 2 yr. Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- A member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with children 5 months to 4 years of age
- Valid Vulnerable Sector check.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of the of HDLH and the ELECT documents
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have a positive outlook and a proven team player
- At least 2 recent, work-related references in the field of ECE.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,000* $42,000.0 depending on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
All COVID-19 precautions as per Middlesex-London Public Health Unit are in place
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-12-29
Expected start date: 2023-01-04
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.