The Arc of Central Alabama
$1500 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
- Perform skilled nursing functions including:
- Catheterization, clean or sterile
- Administration of injectable medications
- Calculation of medication dosages other than measuring a prescribed amount of liquid medication or breaking a scored tablet
- Gastric tube feedings
- Invasive procedures
- Sterile procedures
- Receipt of verbal or telephone orders from a licensed prescriber
- Delegate assignments to License Practical Nurse and Clinical Aide staff.
- Instruct MAC Workers on proper technique in regards to the medication administration procedures.
- Check in medications monthly and as needed ensuring accuracy in regards to physicians’ orders. Make changes on Medication Administration Records as needed to ensure accuracy in medication administration.
- Review records of individuals served (post hospital or clinic appointments) and follow up to ensure physician orders are carried out
- In-service (train) staff on specific and necessary precautionary measures when dealing with indivudlas with communicable disease
- In-service staff or care providers on medical treatments as ordered by physicians
- Visit agency homes to assess post-hospital individuals and ensure physician orders are carried out
- Serve as a liaison between health care professionals, individuals served and their family members
- Maintain records of individuals served
- Complete documentation regarding care provided
- Monthly Medicaid billing for skilled nursing services provided to individuals
- Delegate the task of assisting with the delivery of prescribed eye, ear, nose, oral, topical, inhalant, rectal, or vaginal medications to unlicensed staff and provide monitoring of same. Serve as on-call nurse in the Nurse Delegation Program on a rotating basis with other MAS nurses.
- Check medications for community individuals and prepare MARs (Medication Administration Records) for day/work programs
- Attend in-service education programs, staff meetings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be a Registered Nurse, Licensed by Alabama Board of Nursing
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Alabama driver’s license; must be insurable by the agency insurance
- Frequent lifting, standing, walking, pulling, restraining, and walking up and down stairs
- Must be able to perform outdoor physical activities
- Must be able to drive an Arc vehicle
Apply online at www.arcofcentralalabama.org/about/careers/ or apply in person at 5348 Oporto Madrid Blvd South; Birmingham, AL 35210
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
The safety of our employees and the individuals we serve are of upmost importance. We are providing training, plastic barriers where applicable, gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer in all of our locations.
- Associate (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Acute Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.