Children's Hospital Colorado
Why Work at Children’s….
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
*Qualified external applicants are eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus for full time positions.
*This position is eligible for relocation assistance, if relocating from 100 miles or greater.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Children’s Colorado here:
Department: Operating Room
Hours per week: 36, eligible for benefits
Shift: Full time Day Shift OR RN. On call and off shift obligations.
Annual Salary Range (Based on 40 hours worked per week): $74,467.71 to $111,701.57
Hourly Salary Range: $35.80 to $53.70
Here, you matter. As a Children’s Hospital Colorado team member, you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package designed to take care of your needs that includes base pay, incentives, career advancement opportunities, paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, company provided life and disability insurance, paid parental leave, 403b employer match (retirement savings), a robust wellness program, and access to a best-in-class education benefit with 75+ tuition-free programs to help you advance your career.
As part of our Total Rewards package, Children’s Colorado offers an annual employee bonus program that rewards eligible team members based on organizational performance. If organizational goals are met for the year, the bonus is paid out the following April.
Children’s Colorado delivers annual base pay increases to eligible team members based on their performance over the previous year.
The Operating Room Nurse provides direct patient care in a surgical setting in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Monitors and manages the patient and operative environment during surgery to maintain a safe environment, optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intraoperative patient care plans
- Serves as the communication liaison to patients, families and members of the operating team
- Prepares operating room for patient and procedure
- Delivers patient and family centered care incorporating the nursing process while providing developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, evidence-based care. Actively anticipates changes in patient outcomes/ unit needs in the provision of care.
- Communicate and advocate patient values, preferences and expressed needs as part of implementation of care plan, evaluation of care and assessment of patient/family learning needs to the interdisciplinary team. Initiates and anticipates individualized care and education for patients/families across the continuum using an interdisciplinary approach
- Utilizes outcome data at the patient level to make care decisions.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities and uses quality measures to understand individual and unit performance.
- Communicates observations or concerns related to unsafe situations that pose a risk to patients, families or the health care team.
- Recognizes and applies information and technology of patient and unit outcomes to facilitate communication, clinical decision making, error prevention, and care coordination.
- Navigates and documents in the EMR to support patient care.
- Works within scope of practice and delegates according to Nurse Practice Act.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Experience: One year perioperative nursing experience or successful completion of a perioperative course
- Certification(s): BLS/CPR from the American Heart Association with at least 6 months left before expiration is required upon hire.
- Licensure(s): Current State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.80 – $53.70 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- perioperative nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.