We are hiring for: Part-time, Permanent Night (11pm to 7am) Shift
Trinity Village Care Centre is home to 150 residents and is seeking a kind and compassionate RPNs who are motivated by person-centered care and improving healthcare in the community.
We offer an exceptional work environment based on utilizing an individual’s natural strengths and abilities while providing excellent opportunities. We are looking for Registered Practical Nurses who are interested in gaining experience and knowledge in the non-profit long term care sector.
Reports to, and under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the House Manager (RPN) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the house (unit of resident rooms) using an interdisciplinary team approach to care. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Adhere to the Trinity Village Care Center Mission, Values and Vision.
· Adopt and put into action the 10 Principles of the Eden Alternative style of long term care management and ensuring safety for both residents and staff at all times.
· Be aware of the 10 Principles of the Eden Alternative style of long term care management as well as the Resident Bill of Rights and assist with implementation when appropriate.
· Provide leadership for the team working in the house and take responsibility for the effectiveness of the team.
· Within the limitations set by the College of Nurses, administer prescribed medications, treatment and document. Will perform other skills within the scope of practice outlined by the College of Nurses and as competency level allow.
· Provide for the activities of daily living care and support as outlined in the care plan for residents.
· Assess, monitor and document conditions of residents and report changes in physical or mental condition to the Nurse Manager.
· Develop and modify resident care plans on an on going basis. Complete MDS Assessment, RAPS and Care Plan Reviews per MDS schedule. Communicate with staff, family and resident for MDS data collection and document in progress notes.
· Communicate with Physicians and process physicians orders.
· Maintain resident records, including medication charting in compliance with established standards and legislative requirements. Ensure compliance of all legislative documentation requirements.
· Support the recreation and rehabilitation programs for the resident.
· Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed. Be aware of health and safety and infection control; provide education for team members and report issues if they arise.
· Notify the Nurse Manager (Registered Nurse) of unusual occurrences and complete required documentation.
· Assist in training and directing non-registered nursing staff and providing activities of daily living to resident and the application of topical creams and ointments ordered by the resident’s physician and contribute to assessment of their performance. Be aware of the discipline process and implement as required.
· Collaborate with other members of the health care team and maintain co-operative relationships. Participate in meetings related to resident care, health and safety etc.
· Keep lines of communication open with residents/representatives. Document issues, concerns, and complaints in appropriately and ensure follow-up. Report to Nurse Manager.
· Participate in daily report with PSW staff. Ensure they are aware of palliative residents and residents with specific care concerns.
· Establish and maintain respectful, collaborative therapeutic and professional relationships.
· Participate in peer performance review as part of the quality improvement initiatives.
· Assist in CQI audits sent out by CQI Coordinator and assist in developing quality improvement initiative as required.
· Participate in Restorative Care Evaluation. Review PSW restorative care being provided and documentation and re-instruct as required.
· Review Calendar with PSW’s at shift report
· Other duties as assigned and appropriate for the position
Considerable standing, walking and some lifting. Exposure to all resident care elements through regular resident contact. Coping with the stress of dealing with resident care needs and time pressures. Mediating issues family staff etc. Considerable concentration required during preparation and administration of medications.
Qualifications and Skills
· Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Participate in Reflective Practice as outlined by the College of Nurses.
· Medication certificate.
· Current CPR certificate.
· Experience in long-term care setting.
· Leadership skills and effective communication essential.
· Knowledge in pertinent software.
Trinity Village Care Centre requires all new hires to submit a valid TB test, mandatory proof of flu shot, and Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check prior to start date.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants’ treating physician outlining their functional limitations, in order for us to accommodate well.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $26.41 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Nursing license (preferred)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
- LPN/RPN (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.