United Nations Children's Fund
Goal and Objective: Under the overall guidance of the Chief Planning, Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting of UNICEF South Sudan, the consultant will support UNICEF South Sudan in reviewing and/or copy editing the 2023 Country Office Annual Reporting documents, including the Country Office Summary Narrative and Results Assessment Module (RAM) reports, assuring the highest quality as per the UNICEF guidelines including the Style Guide.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform substantive writing and editing by:
- Ensuring consistent style of writing and tone throughout the reports.
- Correcting spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax mistakes and eliminating repetition and ensuring a concise way of writing.
- Consolidate and produce a write-up based on content inputs and data provided by UNICEF South Sudan.
- Results Assessment Module Reports (RAM)
- Edit Results Assessment Module (RAM) reports from each section to ensure coherence and results are clearly and effectively articulated. The ESARO results reporting quality criteria should be a reference point.
Country Office Summary Narrative Report:
- Compile, review and edit the draft inputs from Programme Sections and Operations to produce the draft Summary Narrative.
- The situational analysis section should be written based on the edited annual RAM reports and draft inputs from Programme Sections.
- The Summary Narrative Report content should be in line with the global Specific Guidelines for 2023 Country Office Annual Reports.
- Post-graduate degree in English, Communication, Public Relations, Media, Journalism or related field
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Sound knowledge and skills on results-based reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous experience of editing UNICEF documents and publications (especially Annual Report / RAM) an asset.
- Good background knowledge of UNICEF’s mandate, mission and programmes an asset.
- Capacity to work under pressure and deliver quality inputs to meet deadlines.
- 8 years of related professional experience.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
IT SpecialistAsian Development BankManila, PhilippinesManila, Philippines
Finance Manager ,P4 ,Port Sudan -Sudan (Fixed Term) – (Open to non Sudanese nationals only)UNICEF GlobalSudanSudan
Section Head (Applied Radiation Biology and Radiotherapy)(P5)Vienna, AustriaVienna, Austria
MHPSS ManagerInternational Rescue CommitteeAnywhereAnywhere