REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Across Boundaries (AB) is a Mental Health Centre with a proud track record of providing equitable, inclusive, and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized communities within an anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism framework.
We acknowledge the impact of racism on mental health. Across Boundaries recognizes the interdependence of the spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, social, cultural, linguistic, economic, and broader environmental factors in addressing racialized individuals’ mental health and addiction needs.
Our goal is to empower clients to take control of their health and healing through programs that integrate individual case management and group services, complementary therapies, social and recreational activities, family support, and community outreach. We also work to build the capacity of communities and organizations through partnerships, consultations, education, and training (particularly in anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism), to increase the broader sector service providers’ knowledge and skills.
Anti-racism/Anti-oppression/resisting anti-Black racism principles guide all decision-making, interactions, actions and programming within the organization.
Across Boundaries is looking to renew its strategic plan for the next 3-5 years and is looking for consultants who will work with the board and the organization to develop this work with minimal administrative support. The successful candidate(s) will need to gather information, consult with the board, staff, and key stakeholders, provide draft documents for input and present the final document with the implementation plan. A committee of the board will oversee the work of the consultant(s). We invite interested parties to submit their proposal, including their understanding of the deliverables, proposed approach and methodology, key milestones, timelines, experience, and qualifications relevant to this project and a budget between $20, 000.00 – $25, 000.00 including HST. The fee proposal must include services, touchpoints with the board, staff, and stakeholders, costs, and all incidentals, including travel costs and GST/HST.
This high-level, concise work plan should not be more than five pages long.
- Experience in strategic planning in the non-profit sector
- Lived understanding of anti-racism/anti-oppression/resisting anti-Black principles and ability to apply this lens to the strategic planning work
- Expertise and experience in the non-profit, mental health and addictions sector and familiarity with Ontario Health, Ontario Health Teams and emerging directions for the community sector
- 3-5 year strategic plan by the end of the project
- Develop a clearly defined critical path for implementing the new plan
- Presentation of the final plan to the board and senior management
- Project completion within 60 days of the start of the project
The closing date for applications will be November 30th, 2022. The project is slated to begin
January 3rd, 2023.
- A cover letter that includes the responding company name, address, and contact information
- Proposal of services with project timelines
- Project management experience, number of years working with marginalized/racialized communities and knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Proposal fees
- Names of individuals who will be performing the work under this contract, their credentials and CVs of these individuals
- A minimum of 2 references
If the consultant wishes to provide additional information that has not been requested but is relevant to a particular component, please include that information with your proposal.
Please do not include generic marketing documentation. Please let us know if you have any accommodation needs for the submission of this proposal.
Please submit three copies by November 30th, 2022, to:
Strategic Planning Committee
Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre c/o Board Strategic Planning Committee
51 Clarkson Avenue
Or via email through this website
We thank all applicants for their submissions; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage submissions from all marginalized communities.
Across Boundaries is proudly Accredited with Commendation by Accreditation Canada 2019-2023.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.