United Nations Development Programme
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, it was established to accelerate progress in meeting their needs worldwide.
The UN Women Independent Evaluation Service (IES) evaluates the work of UN Women to enhance organizational accountability, provide evidence-based information for decision-making, and contribute to learning on gender equality and the empowerment of women. Based in the UN Women Arab States Regional Office (ASRO), the Regional Evaluation Specialist (ASRO RES) is an IES team member and has a reporting line to the Chief of Evaluation in UN Women.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope and design evaluations by supporting document collection, management, and review.
- Support collection of documents by scanning relevant UN Women internal databases and accessing UN, academic, and other INGOs or Think Tanks relevant documents relative to the evaluation;
- Support summaries of evaluations, donor reports, or programmatic work to inform desk reviews;
- Support the systematization and analysis of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and Strategic Notes (SN) across countries and thematic/programmatic areas;
- Support the extraction of data per evaluation intervention strategy, budget allocation, and expenditure for thematic areas and/or countries, and by year;
- Support stakeholder mapping assessments for evaluations with identification of right holders and duty bearers in order to inform the HR and GE stakeholder mapping of an evaluation.
Development and implementation of data collection instruments
- Support the development and implementation of instrumentation including interview guidelines, and online surveys tailored to different stakeholder groups, and contribute to the refinement of other data collection tools;
- Support logistics for data collection;
- Participate in implementing the methodology in selected virtual/site visits and support the conduct of remote data collection;
- Follow data management procedures established, including ensuring transcription of all interviews, focus group discussions, and other data collected is shared in the NVivo project in a timely manner;
- Maintain UNEG’s ethical code of conduct throughout the data collection stage and alert the Team Leader to any potential risks.
Data analysis, coding, and synthesis of data
- Support the use of NviVo, or other programmes, for coding data from qualitative interviews and other materials;
- Support survey data analysis;
- Support synthesis of findings from data coding and analysis for input into evaluations;
- Identify and address relevant data gaps emerging;
- Contribute to the analysis of collected data and development of preliminary findings paper/PPT to be presented to stakeholders that meets IES quality standards.
Evaluation Report and Brief
- Contribute to the development and finalization of a draft and final Evaluation Report, Brief, and all necessary Annexes;
- Support in drafting and editing sections of the draft report and revision based on comments received from the Team Leader;
- Conduct any additional research and analysis required to address relevant comments received or gaps identified;
- Support the development of graphs/visuals and PPTs on the draft and final version of the report;
- Lead the compilation of specific Annexes and the audit of comments;
- Communications with stakeholders, meeting organizations and drafting communication products. Support communications with stakeholders, meeting organizations, and communication products such as articles for IES magazine “Transform”.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences or another relevant field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2-year Experience conducting research using tools for systematizing and analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data is required. Graduate projects will be considered relevant experience;
- Experience in evaluation approaches and methods including some knowledge of gender equality and human rights responsive evaluation is an asset (e.g. participatory and inclusive approaches);
- Firsthand experience in using NVivo or other similar data analysis software is required;
- Experience in working with the United Nations or a similar international organization context is a plus is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset;
- Working Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Recommend your friend
Duties and Responsibilities
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Cloud EngineerRise Technical RecruitmentMünster, Nordrhein-WestfalenMünster, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Floor Team Member (18+)Stonegate GroupAshtead, SurreyAshtead, Surrey
Child Participation and Partnership OfficerSave the ChildrenPhilippinesPhilippines
Hiring a consultant(firm/CSO) to conduct a stakeholder Mapping and Needs AssessUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere