Duty Station: Delhi
Contract Duration: 11.5 months (Full -time)
Closing Date: 18 October 2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. And we never give up!
UNICEF is a leading humanitarian and development agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education. UNICEF has spent nearly 74 years working in continuously improving the lives of children and their families. Working with and for children through adolescence and into adulthood requires a global presence, with goal is to produce results and monitor their effects. UNICEF also lobbies and partners with leaders, thinkers and policy makers to help all children realize their rights, especially the most disadvantaged.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtube/E1xkXZs0cAQ
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply. Our workplace policies promote flexible work arrangements, to support all staff in maintaining a healthy life balance, both in and out of the office. We are the first United Nations agency to be awarded the EDGE certification – the leading global standard for gender equality in the workplace.
For more information on UNICEF EDGE Certification, kindly view the video here. UNICEF prides itself on fostering a multicultural and harmonious work environment, guaranteed by a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
PLEASE REFER TO DETAILED TERMS OF REFERENCE ATTACHED –
HOW TO APPLY:
The application to be submitted through the online portal and should contain three separate attachments:
i. A Cover letter explaining suitability for position (up to 400 words) (to be uploaded online under “Cover Letter” tab)
ii. Curriculum Vitae (CV) references (to be uploaded online under “Resume” tab)
iii. A financial proposal indicating all-inclusive monthly professional fee , as per the template attached (to be uploaded online under “Financial Proposal” tab).
Important Note: Please do not indicate financials anywhere else in the online application form, please mark “n/a or 00”, under the fee related questions in the online application form.
Without all the above 3 documents, your application will be considered incomplete and invalid and will not be considered further.
- Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.
- Please note, UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the process.
- Women, trans, non-binary and gender diverse candidates meeting the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds including persons living with disabilities to apply.
- General Terms and Conditions for the Consultancy Contract is attached, for your reference. General Terms and Conditions – Consultants and Individual Contractors.pdf
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
For any clarifications, please contact:
Supply & Procurement Section
73, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003
Email: [email protected]
Advertised: 04 Oct 2022 India Standard Time
Deadline: 18 Oct 2022 India Standard Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.