National University of Singapore
We are looking for research staff who are experienced in the research area of RF, signal processing, plasmonic sources and up-conversion optoelectronics based on tunneling junctions. The selected incumbent is expected to
• You are expected to conduct the design, analysis, and test of tunneling junctions, and to develop waveguide interconnects and upconversion optoelectronics based on the given demands.
• You are expected to conduct the design, analysis and testing of RF circuits and sub-systems, Radar signal processing, etc.
• You are expected to provide technical expertise in 2D material devices, such as the fabrication and measurement of electroluminescent or photovoltaic devices, combining plasmonic components with 2D materials.
• You are expected to assist the high frequency plasmonic transducers when applicable.
• Provide support to a team of engineers in solving multi-disciplinary problems, including preparation of documentation and presentation of analysis/test results to peers and customers.
• Possess a PhD Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
• Solid knowledge and abundant experience in plasmonics, nonlinear optics, and nanophotonics for optoelectronic applications.
• Experience in optical design and simulation using FDTD software.
• Possess computer skills utilizing EM and circuit simulation tools: ADS, Ansoft HFSS, CST, etc.
• Skills in technical proposal writing and presenting.
• Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
• Be able to communicate and work effectively in a team.
• Open to Fixed Term Contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17669
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.