University of Washington
The Lee lab within the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine focuses on the molecular pathogenesis of acute lung injury from severe pneumonia and sepsis. The group studies host-pathogen interactions utilizing relevant respiratory pathogens to understand the basis of normal and aberrant host response that impact the function of the alveolar capillary barrier interface.
The Lee lab is seeking an organized and motivated individual to perform, oversee, and coordinate all pre-and post-research program activities. This position oversees the entire laboratory setting to promote smooth operation of research projects or laboratory processes, regulatory compliance, and interaction with other laboratories.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- With principal investigator, designs, performs and evaluates research procedures.
- Supports laboratory operations by participating in analytical bench processing (clinical translational, tissue and sample processing from pre-clinical studies, histology, and molecular) and inventory management activities.
- Administers the on-call monitoring program for environmental, refrigerated, and cryogenic laboratory systems.
- Ensures the laboratory is compliant with all quality control functions, including any applicable regulatory authorities, by aiding with quality control activities and the laboratory audit.
- Assists with grant preparation and journal article submission.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures. Provides comprehensive direction to laboratory personnel.
- Hires, trains and evaluates the performance of laboratory personnel.
- Oversees and directs all support activities of the lab including human resources, budgets, facility maintenance, purchasing, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
- Knowledge of mouse genetics. Experience with mouse handling, genotyping, and managing online mouse inventory system. Ability to train laboratory personnel in mouse handling, genotyping, maintenance of mouse colonies, and online record keeping.
- Strong academic and technical background in life sciences and/or biomedical research.
- Knowledge of computer lab management and maintenance.
- Analytical and problem-solving research skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and for technical publications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment.
- Experience working in an accredited/regulated laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in decision making, analysis and reporting, strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proficient in using standard laboratory equipment and software.
Master’s degree with five years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 12 years.
$61,000.00 – $110,600.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email [email protected] or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.