University of Sydney
- Full time, fixed term position until 22nd March 2024, as Research Support Officer, Architecture Design and Planning
- Utilise your expertise in providing administrative services and operational support
- Salary from $95,860 – $103,341 plus 17% superannuation
When you join the University of Sydney, you become an integral part of a community in which you are fully supported to achieve your career ambitions. You’ll be in a workplace where development is encouraged, and intellectual pursuits foster a sense of purpose and confidence including:
• 35-hour work week
• flexible working model
• up to 36 weeks paid parental leave
• access to health and wellbeing services
• tax-efficient salary packaging options
• ongoing training and development.
About the opportunity
We are excited to be building the new Research Support and Development team in the University of Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning.
The Research Support Officer will have the opportunity to work directly with researchers to develop new and support existing research projects. The role provides administrative services and operational support to the Manager Researcher Support and Development to enable research activity and the development of the school’s research profile. This includes the implementation of initiatives that support the school’s strategic research priorities, assisting in the development of competitive grants applications, and supporting researchers and other support staff on post-award grant management.
This role would be ideal for someone proactive who loves engaging with stakeholders and has solid organisational skills. The successful candidate will form part of a highly collaborative team of two Research Support Officers, one Senior Research Engagement and Development Officer and the Manager. With the guidance of the manager, the team works to enable excellent research within the school. The role administers School internal grants and programs throughout their lifecycle and ensures that staff and affiliates are aware of the various schemes and programs available. Maintains and provides advice on continuous improvement on all relevant processes and procedures and is responsible for maintaining all records pertaining to the work area.
The school is made up of three disciplines, Architecture, Design and Urbanism. We have a range of researchers, that span from traditional researchers to industry engaged researchers. We seek to address some of the greatest challenges and our researchers are driven to develop impactful projects and programs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate and provide administrative and financial services and support for internal grant applications and programs and ongoing reporting for the work area
- support initiations and monitor progress of the development of relevant research agreements with third parties to ensure timely commencement of project
- facilitate effective communication and good working relationships amongst key stakeholder groups in research and research Development including the School’s Research Groups
- provide advice and support to the development and implementation of the ongoing research strategy of the school.
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant field together with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases
- demonstrated ability to interpret and implement policy and procedures and in establishing and reviewing administrative processes
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, databases, excel programs and web-based software
- experience working in a research-intensive environment
- administrative experience in a tertiary organisation, working knowledge of academic institutions, structures, and the higher education sector.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the reasons for the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sade Mintah, Recruitment Operations by email to [email protected] .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Sunday 19 November 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.