International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Under the direct supervision of the Fit for Future Genetic Resources research manager and immediate supervisor (Assistant Scientist), manage all data collection and uploading of files in proper data storage, engage in high-throughput phenotyping, and perform pre-breeding activities related to the development of new products for flood tolerant.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines, and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute all regular and up-to-date data collection and uploading of files in proper data storage
- Perform specific procedures related to excellence in data collection and post-harvest processing quality controls ensuring compliance with SOPs
- Provide timely, consistent, and accurate information to the direct supervisor to ensure that research objectives and SOPs are followed
- Support scholars, students, researchers, and scientists in field data collection of major nurseries and experiments
- Engaged in precision field and screen house phenotyping of genebank materials
- Contribute to the quality assurance of collection of data using digital tools and post-harvest processing of seeds and yield samples
- Prepare materials for both field and screen house flooding phenotyping.
- Contribute to the data collection, encoding, and documentation
- Operate equipment, digital tools, gadgets, and computers for efficient data collection and storage
- High School Graduate with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- College Undergraduate with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Has basic knowledge of MS Office programs such as Word and Excel or related software
- Has experience in crop research and pure line maintenance
- Has knowledge and experience in rice production and flood phenotyping
- Has experience in extensive data collection on flood phenotyping
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance, and other allowances.
Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.