Easterseals New Jersey
MENTAL HEALTH RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR
MONMOUTH COUNTY/NEW JERSEY
$18.00 Per Hour
Are you looking to join a dynamic team of passionate professionals dedicated to enriching the lives of people living with mental illness?
*_Your interest in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities is valuable to us!
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of a national organization that has helped people living with, developmental disabilities, and special needs for more than a century!
- Work with an awesome team of professionals that have a true passion for the work that they do.
- Great benefits, including generous paid time off for all employees!
- Competitive pay of $18.00 per hour!
- *The rewarding feeling of knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of others!
What will you do?
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports consumers in achieving measurable outcomes to address new and on-going consumer care challenges.
- Adheres to the Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Services standards (AMHRS).
- Achieves a high level of consumer and customer satisfaction by responding in a timely manner to consumer complaints and grievances.
- Educates and monitors consumer medications, observes medication logs, and complete monthly medication audits.
- Coordinates supportive services based on consumer needs.
- Provides high-quality services in accordance with Individual Rehabilitation Plans (IRP).
- Accurately documents services in accordance to required timeframes with policy and procedures using the electronic health record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mental Health, or human services
- A combination of one (1) or more years of college, plus related life or work experience equal to four (4) years
- High School or GED plus four (4) years of related work or life experience.
- Must have an intermediate level of computer experience with the ability to learn new computer programs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible and compassionate when working with consumers
Easterseals is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has helped children and adults with disabilities and special needs live better lives for more than half a century. Annually, over 9,000 individuals with disabilities and specific special needs in New Jersey receive services in our programs. We believe everyone has an inalienable right to realize their potential and live their life as they envision it; everyone is allowed access to opportunities that permit them to do so. Our employees dedicate themselves to making positive differences in people’s lives every day by living our Core Values: RESPECTFULNESS, WARMTH, EXPERTISE
Easterseals Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As one of our core values, we strive to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees without regard to their age, gender, religion, race, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability which is unrelated to the ability to perform essential job functions, unfavorable military discharge (except dishonorable), veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, source of income or other legally protected categories in accordance with applicable law with regard to receipt of services, appointment or election to voluntary office or hiring for, assignment to, or promotion in staff positions.
Easterseals NJ offers paid training, a generous benefits package including paid time off, 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more! For all details, visit www.enjbenefits.com .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.