United Nations Development Programme
IEO is re-advertising this opportunity
The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has launched the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition, a collaborative initiative to conduct and disseminate evaluative syntheses on the achievements and lessons from interventions to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Coalition brings together 42 UN entities, bilateral and multilateral organizations, and global evaluation bodies and networks to generate key lessons based on credible evidence, thereby accelerating progress towards the achievement of the SDGs. The Coalition plans to conduct five evaluative syntheses, each focused on one of the SDG pillars – People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, and Partnership – by 2025.
- The People pillar synthesis is being co-led by UNDP, WFP, UNESCO, UNICEF and UN Women.
- The Planet pillar synthesis is being co-led by GCF and UNEP.
- The Prosperity Pillar synthesis is being co-led by ILO, UNIDO, CAF and UNDP.
- The Peace Pillar synthesis is being co-led by UNDP, UNODC, OIOS and PBSO.
- The Partnership Pillar synthesis is being co-led by UNDP and Canada.
The IEO is seeking an Resource Mobilization Expert for the UN Global SDG Synthesis Coalition who will be responsible for mobilizing financial resources to support the implementation of the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition’s activities. The expert will work towards securing funding within the range of USD 6 to 10 million. The primary objectives of the expert include:
- Identify potential funding sources, including governments, foundations, private sector entities, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy and action plan, targeting the funding sources identified.
- Support the Senior Representatives of the Secretariat of the Coalition to actively engage with potential donors and stakeholders to present the objectives and importance of the Global SDG Synthesis Coalition.
- Prepare compelling funding proposals, including project budgets, to attract financial support.
Please find the Terms of Reference in the documents part of the Negotiation.
We look forward to your interest.
To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.