The Resource Mobilization Lead will play a critical role in securing funding to support the delivery of WorldFish’s strategy. The postholder will convert research and innovation ideas into secure funding through effective sourcing and screening of opportunities, engagement with donors and funders, overseeing and managing WorldFish’s pipeline of proposals, and leading the concept note and proposal development process.
The post holder will work closely with the research leaders and country directors to support the achievement of revenue targets. The successful candidate will:
- Identify and pursuit funding opportunities from both traditional and innovative sources;
- Provide internal stakeholders with timely and high-quality investor /donor intelligence that may lead to direct business opportunities;
- Oversee of the funding pipeline, ensuring timely and appropriate decisions are made regarding the pursuit of funding through the Partnership and Investment Committee (PIC) and other appropriate organizational mechanisms;
- Coordinate the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals that meet WorldFish’s strategic objectives, have solid integration of log frame, Theory of Change and Monitoring & Evaluation, and are financially viable and demonstrate value addition; and
- Coordinate business development activities, relationship management and donor engagement.
- This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about identifying and developing investments in projects that deliver high quality research and innovation and global impacts and are financially sustainable. They thrive in a collaborative, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary global team. They appreciate that developing and managing pipeline opportunities, requires data and business intelligence, creative thinking, a strong business acumen and an ability and management style to get things done. They must be comfortable with new innovative approaches and technology and willing to learn in detail about how the organization in the context of the One CGIAR transformation undertakes work and seek ways to continually improve process, performance and delivery.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee and manage pipeline opportunities, negotiating agreements and contracts with partners and donors, and ensuring completeness through appropriate institutional mechanisms and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate information in order to respond to requests for proposal information – both internally and externally.
- Develop and refine effective processes, standards, and templates to increase efficiency and quality, ensuring compliance to internal policies on business development.
- Introduce and adapt appropriate tools and systems to support the work of business development and in building/reviewing structures, processes, and best practices including supporting the development of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to help WorldFish gather market intelligence and evaluate business and partnership opportunities.
- Research and analyze market intelligence on investor strategies, priorities, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of concept notes, expressions of interest and formal proposals, with appropriate resources. Work collaboratively with Research Leaders, Country Directors, Finance and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning teams to ensure the organization produces high quality proposals on time.
- Lead, manage and coach the Business Development team based on WorldFish leadership principles and performance management system. Advise and support WorldFish research teams in the proposal development and submission process.
- Represents WorldFish to partners, donors, national authorities, and other organizations to build networks, coordinate business development activities (donor roundtables etc.), manage key relationships, identify new program opportunities, as well as to advocate for WorldFish’s mission.
The successful candidate will have:
- Advanced degree holder in relevant discipline including business, international development, agricultural development, and public policy.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in business development for a multilateral organization, international NGO, or a global research / innovation organization involved in international development.
- Broad, proven experience successfully coordination and developing large and complex funding proposals, leveraging best practices integrated with appropriate digital applications systems.
- Practical knowledge of log frames, Theory of Change, M&E and their integration into project design and project development.
- Experience in successfully managing pipeline opportunities, gathering market intelligence and maintaining an active CRM database.
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated drive to lead with high energy and a positive attitude, and to solve problems in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated innovative and impactful team leadership skills with strong coordination and teamwork skills; leveraging various styles to build and strengthen a high performing team.
- Understanding of and prior experience with aquaculture and fisheries sectors is preferred, but not essential.
- A good communicator.
- Adaptive and Result-based Management skills.
- A can-do collaborative attitude.
- An innovator.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Asociado(a) de Desarrollo Sostenible NPSA 7 (llamado para conformar un roster)UNDP - United Nations Development ProgrammeBogotÃ¡BogotÃ¡
Chief of Multilateral Cooperation / TPED CoordinationOrganisation of Educational CooperationEthiopiaEthiopia
Development and Delivery of a Digital Exhibition of UNDP’s PortfolioUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Consultancy: Writing two social policy papers on children and adolescents in Latin America and the Caribbean region, LACRO, 3 months, Home basedUNICEF GlobalPanamaPanama