Arizona State University
Retail Business Analyst
Create and lead initiatives aimed at understanding Arizona State University retail constituents in key markets with a focus on licensee control, promotions and acquisition. Will work to increase and maximize the number of retail locations carrying ASU licensed products and increase the types of ASU licensed product where Arizona State University licensed products are sold. Monitors and analyzes licensed vendor campaign effectiveness and develops recommendations for future strategic initiatives. Work closely with licensees to guarantee appropriate product placement to drive revenue.
Auxiliary Business Services
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Cooperation with licensees to control brand use and licensed products to ensure the dignity of the institution.
- Implement successful marketing strategies for the promotion of licensed products, project coordination, retail apparel sales, and specialty item acquisition.
- Analyze retail product categories, complexities of distribution channels, and retailer classifications to maximize royalty revenue.
- Identify data patterns and trends that provide insights to enhance decision making capability in planning, process improvement, and solution assessment.
- Gather operational data to examine past performance.
- Recommend actions for future developments and strategic institutional opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on licensed product campaign effectiveness, and on royalties reported through licensing agency software.
- Develop recommendations for future strategic initiatives including product lines, activation strategies and engagement opportunities based on objective analytical outcomes.
- Develop strategic sustainability initiatives related to retail and seek out additional partners to support campus sustainability goals.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of related work experience, OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with current trends in fashion and popular brands.
- Experience interpreting and implementing trademark policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to monitor, authorize and manage the trademark use by internal and external entities.
- Experience with objectives and goals of synergistic departments including Marketing, retail store operations, Athletics, Alumni Association, Student Activities Office and Advancement to ensure cooperative and collaborative working relationships.
- Experience of sound and efficient decision making on matters related to established policies and procedures including brand identity guidelines.
- Experience in developing and maintaining databases.
- Experience with Brand Manager 360, preferred but not required.
- Experience in using excel, google docs/sheets.
- Experience developing/advising on complementary social media content.
- Experience in the planning and execution of annual campaigns and long-term programs for increasing the exposure of licensed product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Monitor and analyze licensed campaign effectiveness
- Develop recommendations for future strategic initiatives
- Ability to create and lead data collection initiatives aimed at understanding ASU constituents in key markets.
- Ability to read and interpret data sets to lead evidenced based decision making in key markets where ASU products are, or can be sold.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work both on and off campus.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
Auxiliary Business Services provides oversight and partnership while developing and releasing RFPs and negotiating agreements for several large operational areas, including: licensing (CLC), bookstore management (Follett), intercampus shuttles (Arrow Stage Lines) and parking management system (T2) as well as collaborating on food services (Aramark/ Sodexo/ Atlasta).
At ASU, we care about our employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- AZ state school tuition reduction for employees and their dependents and spouse; all available on day one of employment.
- Competitive wages.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for confidential and free behavioral health services.
- Generous accrual of paid sick and vacation time.
- Low cost dental, health, life and vision insurance benefits; all available on day one of employment.
- Paid adoption and fertility subsidies.
- Paid time for professional development and volunteering.
- Retirement programs with employer match; designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Wide variety of employee discounts through ASU partnerships.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU and University Business Services will not provide sponsorship for employment.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.