United Nations Development Programme
Scope of Work
Rehabilitation and expansion of Al-Alam’s new Compact Water Treatment Unit 200 m3/hour
1. Project background:
The project is located in Al-Alam district in Salah al-Din Governorate. It provides drinkable water for many areas in the Al-Alam district (Alhaj, Jbara, Alshokran, Alhawija, old subdistrict, Alhadeed, Aljameiya). The C.U. capacity is 200m3/h, and it serves more than 60,000 beneficiaries living in the previously mentioned areas.
Previously the End-User (Salahuddin Directorate of Water) started an extension work to increase the capacity of the project from 200 to 400 m3/h, but they couldn’t finish the work due to a lack of funds and due to the events of ISIS.
Currently, the project does not cover the whole need of the people in its area; therefore, there is an urgent need to complete the extension work.
Al Alam district- / Salahdin governorate
3. Project Description:
The capacity of a compact unit of capacity 200m3/h in addition to two sedimentation tanks, one accumulation tank, and three filters for another 200m3/h C.U. filter any equipment and filter media as illustrated in the C.U. diagram. All tanks under one sun shed.
4. Scope of Works (SoW)
The rehabilitation work includes civil, mechanical, and electrical works.
– Civil works include sun tanks rehabilitation, sun shed rehabilitation, guard room extension, and cleaning the intake stairs, all as detailed in the BOQ.
– Mechanical works include supplying and installing low-lift and high-lift pumps, supplying and installing the following items:
· Alum and chlorine systems.
· An internal network of pipes.
· Filters valves, air blowers, manual hoist crane, supplying and installing delivery pipe.
· Rapid and slow mixers.
· Filters’ media, and filter nozzles.
· Gate valve, and supplying and installing filters lamella, all as detailed in the BOQ.
– Electrical works include supplying and installing a sub-main distribution board, LED projectors, power cables, external lighting, and ATS, all as detailed in the BOQ.
5. Duration of the Project (days):
The Contractor must be prepared to conduct a complete site turnover within 180 days of site handover and work commencement.Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specifications
The Contractor shall visit the designated sites to be familiar with the condition of the work areas, the structures, it is the bidders’ responsibility to acknowledge the site conditions before submitting the bids.
In general, the Contractor should be familiar with all current conditions and circumstances which may affect the work progress.
The Contractor shall implement the Project based on a detailed work plan which shall be approved by the Project Engineer. The contractor is expected to produce/perform works which conforms in quality/quantity and accuracy of detailed specification. The Contractor is to institute a quality control system to ensure adequate monitoring of the works progress at all times.
If you already have a supplier profile, please login to the Supplier Portal, then search for the negotiation using the reference number UNDP-IRQ-00208, following the instructions in the user guide.
To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.