University of New Mexico Hospitals
UNM Hospitals participates in the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) and depending on your Nursing Education and National Certifications, you’ll work towards one of five CAP levels that offer increasing compensation. You may earn up to $8.00 in addition to base pay.
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available!
Department: Employee Screening-COVID19
Full Time (30 – 40 hours per week)
Provide safe, direct patient care utilizing the nursing process in the ambulatory setting. Provide clinical leadership for staff. Provide clinical mentorship to staff. Serve as role model. Provide full range of patient education to patients and family members. Assume relief charge duties, when designated. Under direction of designated shift supervisor. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CENTERED MED – Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* PATIENT CARE – Assist physician with special tests, procedures and complex treatments
* SUPPORT – Process data and generates reports; assist in the reception and discharge areas; handle patient calls and triage using documentation
* SUPPORT – Ensure patient medical records contain necessary information; document medical history or chief complaint; triage and initiate care for walk-in patients
* SUPPORT – Document lab cultures; ensure follow-up on abnormal results
* EMERGENCY MEASURES – Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* PATIENT CARE – Assess patient’s condition and nursing needs; set goals and utilize appropriate nursing actions to achieve goals
* PATIENT CARE – Provide and document nursing care
* PATIENT CARE – Ensure that physician’s orders are carried out
* PATIENT CARE – Administer medications and perform routine treatments
* TRAINING – Participate in orientation and evaluation of new personnel
* PATIENT CARE – Assist team members in patient care; coordinate patient care in conjunction with procedures by other UH departments clinics
* SUPPORT – Ensure that equipment is maintained; monitor supply and medicine requisitions; maintain supply stock levels
* SUPPORT – Record and report pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to medical staff
* MENTOR – Serve as a mentor to patients to promote self management, hope and empowerment
* PATIENT EDUCATION – Provide education for patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and the use of prescriptive medical treatment
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 – Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 – Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 – Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 – Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 – Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don’t understand or may “not seem right”
* Program Graduate
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Nationally Accredited Nursing Graduate
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
3 years directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Med Haz: Mod exposure to chemicals/dangerous equip/materials
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.